PDA

View Full Version : CW Sleep Number Beds

azlee56
07-15-2012, 08:43 AM
I have had it with this double mattress expanded queen. My back is killing me after two nights. CW has one on sell for 699.00 through today. Have any of you got it and does it work, does it last? short or long? There isn't many reviews on it. Is the preimer better?

Hope I have put this in the right category for answers, if not someone please move it.

links are:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/sleep-number-rv-premier-bed/7533

one on sale:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/sleep-number-rv-deluxe-bed/8087

oh yeah, I searched and read all the stuff on here about the mattress. I was just wondering if cw on sale one had been tested and tried.

DocData757
07-15-2012, 01:17 PM
We have then RV King Sleep Number and bought it through CW. It is a genuine Sleep Number bed and we LOVE IT!!!!! You will not be sorry and that is one great price!

azlee56
07-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank you!! On your response I ordered it. I did a queen 80" long. I hope I didnt goof

mhs4771
07-15-2012, 03:48 PM
We thought the mattress in our Montana was great, until we spent 3 months sleeping on it. Ordered the King Sleep Number with the Radius corners, what a difference, spent 7 months on it and loved every night. It's now in our SOB.

antiqfreq
07-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Please let me know because I threw out the original mattress a few years ago and installed the pillow top queen I had in my house. Although it is fine it is starting to wear out and need to replace it and was thinking of a sleep number.

Let us ALL know - when the one in the house wears out - I may consider it for the house too. The DH loves it firm and I like it in the middle. My shoulders hurt on a firm mattress as I am a side sleeper primarily. (OK, TMI, I know)....

Jo
(tx)

azlee56
07-15-2012, 04:38 PM
I will. My arm was numb this morning. Each night i had to lift up to turn over. BF had his arm cramp

azlee56
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
We thought the mattress in our Montana was great, until we spent 3 months sleeping on it. Ordered the King Sleep Number with the Radius corners, what a difference, spent 7 months on it and loved every night. It's now in our SOB.

what is radius corners, like a round bed?

Str8shooter
07-15-2012, 08:30 PM
We bought the Sleep Number bed through CW just after taking delivery of our Raptor in August 2010. We have slept on a Sleep Number bed at home the past seven years.

I adjust the bed to find that "just right number, my number" that prevents one of two things I'm susceptible by morning; a stiff neck if the bed is too soft or low back soreness if too firm.

It may prove useful to someone so here is the installation of the power unit we did. Since the inflation/deflation power unit has to go somewhere I put ours under the head of the bed. To do this I removed a few screws that hold down the plywood bed deck to the platform. Our deck has gas shocks for a storage lid at the foot of the bed so I needed to remove one end of the shocks first.

Holes need to be drilled through the deck to accommodate the air hoses from the power unit to the each side of the bed. I drilled another hole at the side of the bed wall for the power unit cord to reach a 110v outlet. One last detail. To keep the power unit from sliding around while towing I placed it into a sturdy nylon pouch and attached the pouch to the side plywood bed support.

I hope this helps and you get a great night’s sleep.

azlee56
07-16-2012, 04:44 AM
We have a plug in, in the closet and I am not sure about the hoses. I am going to have BF read this and the others on this site and he can decide what he wants to do. Thank you. It is also good to see how to body responds to too soft-too hard.

DocData757
07-16-2012, 04:44 AM
Just as a comparison, I did not have to drill holes or modify anything to get everything to fit and work in my 2011 Alpine. You have a pump with a power cord and 2 air hoses, one to each cell of the mattress. It will all depend on your camper's arrangement.

azlee56
07-16-2012, 04:49 AM
I hope there isn't much that has to be done. So far he isn't into doing too many mods on the FW, he likes it just the way it is. (yeah!!). He does maintenance and after all day long doing it, he isn't really up on doing it on weekends too. He knows his limitations too.....yes, some of the limitations is me saying "are you sure" "are you going to make holes in our new house on wheels?"

turbopilot51
07-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Thank you!! On your response I ordered it. I did a queen 80" long. I hope I didnt goof

I removed the king mattress that came with our Alpine and cut the platform to fit a queen. This gave us more room in the bedroom and installed the sn bed. If your bed has a slide, make sure everything can move back and forth. The sn bed is an investment that will pay you "back" for years to come.

azlee56
07-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Right now we have an "extended queen" which is 66" x 80". It really is two mattress together and one is narrow. A pain of pains and harder then a board. I ordered a queen at 80". I am a little concerned about the length though. When we slide in currently the mattress hits the wash basin and bucks up. I eyed it and had the BF eye it and we think that without the 6" the queen SN will be safe from hitting anything. I hope!!

kingdavid201207
07-16-2012, 07:57 PM
I have had it with this double mattress expanded queen. My back is killing me after two nights. CW has one on sell for 699.00 through today. Have any of you got it and does it work, does it last? short or long? There isn't many reviews on it. Is the preimer better?

Hope I have put this in the right category for answers, if not someone please move it.

links are:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/sleep-number-rv-premier-bed/7533

one on sale:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/sleep-number-rv-deluxe-bed/8087

Natural latex mattress (http://www.china-mattress.org/latex-mattress/)

oh yeah, I searched and read all the stuff on here about the mattress. I was just wondering if cw on sale one had been tested and tried.

I've got one two.Just SoSo.What do you guys think of it?

azlee56
07-16-2012, 08:16 PM
You have the expanded queen or a SN? If it is the SN, I don't know yet, it is being shipped. I did a search on here before I asked and the SN does have high ratings. I just didn't know about a Camping World SN for an RV, so far it seems very favorable, but a higher mattress and cords/plugs you have to deal with.

I will post if I have fallen in love or not, and what obstacles if any we greet.

CincyGus
07-17-2012, 04:36 AM
I've not bought a SN for the camper but have one at home and love it. I'll never own another bed. We use a $100 queensize 2.5" GelFoam matress pad bought from Sams club on top of the thin 2" matress that came in the camper and it's night and day as far as sleeping. If we go full time as we plan in a few years, I'll invest in a SN for the camper but for the 40 nights or so a year we sleep in it, I couldn't see the return on investment at this time.