PDA

View Full Version : Fuse for Landing Gear

plewis1968
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Where is the fuse located on a 09 Montana Mountaineer for the landing gear. It won't work with the switch on the camper, but we can use the remote to raise and lower it. I'm wondering if we just blew a fuse, but we can't find where it is located. We are RV newbies so don't have all the kinks figured out yet!:o

mobile42
07-11-2012, 06:42 PM
plewis1968,

Just type landing gear fuse on the search line and you'll find many answers! The remote works because it bypasses the "Popped Fuse" and switch and goes directly to the "Control Board" and then to the motor. It's pretty easy to find the fuse (you can replace it with a Atc-40 amp fuse).

SteveC7010
07-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Open up the front compartment. There should be an electrical looking panel and a bunch of wires, probably on the right hand side of the compartment.

That panel should have a bunch of wires connected to it at screw terminals around the perimeter. The panel itself is likely potted with an epoxy of some kind. That panel is the master control unit for the remote system for all the slides and landing gear.

On some of the wires connected to the panel will be inline fuse holders. Kind of looks like this but could be any color on any color wire:

http://visforvoltage.org/files/u1786/FuseBoxSplice1.jpg

The one in this pic is missing the fuse. Pull out the fuse and look at it carefully. If it is blown, the center portion of the metal imbedded in the plastic will be literally blown away. If it is blown, replace it with one of the exact same size and amp rating. These fuses are available in any auto parts store. Places like WalMart will have them in the automotive aisles, too.

FWIW, these fuses are used throughout our Keystones. I suggest you make a survey of your trailer and determine what size and amperage fuses are used everywhere and purchase some spares.

There are only two sizes of the mini fuses used these days. ATM is the smaller. ATO/ATC is the larger. Depending on where you buy them, they may only have ATO or ATC - either is OK as they are interchangeable. Most of our cars and trucks use the same fuses these days.

W5WI
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I learned the hard way that if you retract your landing gear too far that it will blow a fuse. Lots of folks have marked the "up" limit on the landing gear to prevent this from happening. I marked mine also, but I also replaced the inline fuse with a circuit breaker. Be sure to match the amperage of the circuit braker with the fuse size.

Using the remote is always a great idea. As stated above, it bypasses the fuse circuit in the control board.

larrygranny1
07-25-2012, 07:18 AM
on my 2011 the fuse is located inside of the plastic covering of the wires. had to find the "bundle" pull the wires from it. It is easy as the bundle cover has a slit all along it. It was on the pink wire.