PDA

View Full Version : Front Landing Gear

gbsb
07-08-2012, 05:36 AM
I have a Fuzion 383 TE 11. It is a 40' tri axle toyhauler. I am at a campground that is a little less than level. I have to raise the front pretty high to get ihe camper level. It will not pick the front up high enough, the motor just doesn't have the power. Is there a way to install dual motors or a lafger motor? I thought about a self leveling system but don't want to spend $5000.00. any Ideas appreciated.

SteveC7010
07-08-2012, 06:09 AM
If it has sufficient power to lift the pin off the hitch, it should be able to lift to full extent of the legs. Sounds to me more like it has reached its maximum height and that isn't high enough to level the trailer on the site.

If you haven't done so already, drop the pin back on the hitch, take the weight off the landing gear, adjust them for a lot less drop and make up the difference between the feet and ground with some cribbing. You should be able to gain at least a foot of lift provided you have the right blocks to do it safely.

gbsb
07-08-2012, 08:45 AM
It has not reached its max heighth and it has allways lifted slow. I have duall batteries and they are fully charged and the connections are tight and clean. I was told that it might be because of the three axles when it picks up very high it has to collapse the rear springs and a lot of the weight is off the front tire. I know the motor just stalls out like it is just weak.

BigCajun
07-09-2012, 06:27 AM
I have the same issue with my Raptor. The single motor just isn't strong enough. It just moans and groans and slows down, heats up, draws too many amps and blows the fuse. I have considered dual motors, but there is no access to the other side due to the generator cabinet. I have looked for a higher torgue motor to replace the stocker and there are some available for about $350.