PDA

View Full Version : Jensen entertainment center problem?

Scotccrn
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I am having a problem with the Jensen entertainment center control. It will turn itself on when the power has been turned off. It will give the message "load usb." It will also turn off the radio input and go to the same usb message when trying to listen to the radio. After a few minutes, it will go back to the radio. I just purchased the 2012 Passport model 2650bh 4 weeks ago. My parents have the same problem in their 2012 passport. Keystone says that they have not heard of this problem before but you can find the same complaint on the same system with a quick google search.

Outbackmel
07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I am not near my rv to check the control knobs, BUT, I had the same issue in my 2011 Outback..scared the crap out of me...would come on at like 2am. Seemed to have a mind of it's own. Folks on this forum came to my rescue with good info. It has built in automatic settings you need to adjust.

You will be fine once you get the info and set the controls correctly. Lot's of folks not on the forum today but will catch up.

IF you cannot figure it out, PM me and I will check mine when I go pick it up in the next couple of days. I simply forgot what I did....comes with getting old.

hankpage
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Scotccrn, I think it has something to do with the alarm-clock setting in the radio. I am sure one of our members with that radio will be glad to help you out. Travel safely, Hank

Outbackmel
07-04-2012, 05:38 PM
That's where the bad critter lives. Dig out the manual or go on line to "figure that sucker out" :eek: .... a demon planted by the bad factory.. You can slay that demon and help your parents issue as well.

Thanks Hankpage for pointing out the home of the critter. "bouncey:

rob in windsor
07-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Yes, on the stereo is an ALARM Button "SET/ ON-OFF".
Just play with that and all should be good. Same problem had my wife going crazy!!!

Englishman
07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
had the same issue with the system in my bullet. The dealer said that it was one of two things.
1. the way that the radio is programmed for weather alerts to fix this they have to update the software on the system.
2. Radio needs to be replaced. (mine was replaced and it has stopped turning it self on)

If its still under warranty take it into the dealer or call Jensen Support.

Good luck.

jsmith948
07-11-2012, 04:41 AM
I think I would try killing the 12v to the jensen (fuse panel or batt switch)
this should reset the jensen to its factory settings:)