PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NY!

openroad
07-03-2012, 07:54 PM
A while ago. I posted as a new member that planned a purchase of a new Bullets 281bhs TT to be pulled by my '11 Silverado 1500. After much consideration sparked by some very helpful advice offered up here on this forum. I chose to pass on the Bullet when I had the opportunity to trade in my 1500 for a 2500 pickup. This, in turn, lead to consideration of a light wt. FW instead of the TT and lo and behold, no sooner than I started looking, I found the perfect floorplan for our family at the closest local dealer in our area. We are very happy with the unit and camping in it as I write this post. Since I do have a 6.5 ft. bed, that some like to refer to as a "short" bed (my 1500 had a 5'7" bed), I went for the Superglide by Pullrite. It does its job as advertised and we could not be happier with the combination. I wish to thank all those who weighed in on my situation and shared their knowledge so graciously.

Jim

azlee56
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Well good!! This forum does make good suggestions. So now you have to share your travels (and Pictures!!) with us. By pictures, I do mean I'd like shots of the inside. Congrats.

zman
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Congrats, have fun! I was born n' raised in upstate NY. Now lets see some pics.

openroad
07-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks..will try to post photos asap during the summer. Just finishing a busy shakedown trip with a stop at the dealer for a few items to checkout. If all goes well we will be on to more stops to the kids' favorite places.

volvosweetie
07-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Congrats on the FW, I know the kids are loving camping. Make as many memories as you can they grow up way to fast. Please post pictures, you know those of us who don't get to camp as much as we would like, live through others adventures. LOL. Safe travels to you and your family.:D