PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Georgia!

Chief
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
I thought I'd better do the "New Member Check In" before I started asking a whole bunch of questions. I've been lurking for a while and have gained some insight into the RV world from numerous members here. We, my DW and I, are in the market for a 5er, either a Montana or an Alpine. We have owned Pop-ups and small TT in the past, but are now ready to try the full-time thing.

I'm a retired USAF Chief Master Sergeant and a Vietnam Vet. My DW is also an Air Force Vet. We have raised 3 Daughters and a Son and have 6 wonderful Grandchildren and 1 Great Grandson. We are ready to see this great Country at our pace and meet new people.

Please bear with me because I've got lots of questions!

Festus2
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
:wlcm: Hello --- glad you decided to stop lurking and join us! We'll try to answer as many of your questions as we can. Just find the most appropriate section in which to place them and ask away.

You may have already noticed that we have a forum for "Full-Timers and Snowbirds" so that might a good place to start!

volvosweetie
07-03-2012, 05:02 PM
:wlcm:, You ask all the questions you want, they're plenty of people on here that are more than willin to help you out with good advice and opinions. I hope you make many wonderful camping memories as you travel.

fla-gypsy
07-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the group

hankpage
07-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Chief, Welcome to the forum. If you have had trailers before you are going to love a 5er. Ask away and I would like to thank your DW and you for your service. Travel safely, Hank :wave:

SAABDOCTOR
07-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi chief and:wlcm: to the forum: first off thank you for all you and the dw have done: we are also airforce and navy family 3 generations. you are going to love the 5er which ever one you pick. both units are great. we love our montana with a front living room. but you need to pick the best floorplan an storage space that works for you. enjoy all the adventures. just a hint: my dw and i would spend hours at the dealership just sitting, looking and takeing notes before we bought ours we asked the salesman to just lets us wonder and he had no problem with that. all the best and a great bunch of people on the forum too!:):)

antiqfreq
07-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum.

My hubby and I also reside (now) in Middle Georgia.

Glad to have you with us!

Jo

Chief
07-15-2012, 05:32 AM
Thanks for all the "welcomes" folks. I'm learning alot about the RV world here.

antiqfreq: My last duty station before retiring was Robbins AFB, not too far from Soperton. When I would travel to Savannah, I always made sure it was lunch time when passing through Soperton. Had to always make a stop at "Sweat's Bar-B-Que".

snow
07-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the forum , wish I could answer ?s about 5ers but maybe someday I'll have my own ?s about them , the one thing I do know is there is a bunch of GREAT people on this forum That can help you , make sure you know your dealer and check them out first ,good luck and I look forward to reading all your ?s have fun and most of all be safe :wlcm: ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Terrydactile
07-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Welcome and thanks to you and your wife for your service to our country.