PDA

View Full Version : Moving Things Around

sydney outback
07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I have a 5th wheel with a superslide that contains a dinette and a couch. I want to move the dinette (which is bolted to the ground and wall) to where the couch is and the couch to where the dinette is. I dont know why keystone made this arrangement. the couch is way too far from the tv. My question is... can this be done? and how complicated is it. There is nothing under the dinette seats.

therink
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi. It may help to tell us what model you have. I am pretty sure that in most models, changing the configuration is possible. You may want to consider the window placement to make sure it won't conflict if they are different sizes. If you have a 115v outlet in the slide, you may need to move it.The only other issue is that the carpeting will likely be matted down where the old fixtures were.
Good luck. Steve

sydney outback
07-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi. thank you for answering. I have a sydney outback 28FRLS, the windows are the same.

volvosweetie
07-03-2012, 10:39 AM
If your carpet is matted down you could try a hand held steamer and maybe an old hair brush or comb or just your hand. The steam should fluff it back up.

hankpage
07-03-2012, 11:30 AM
The only problem you will have is that there is no back on one of the benches. Also as mentioned there most likely is an outlet in one bench. Carpet will recover after a vacuuming. I removed my booth and moved the table with no problems .... just surface mounted the outlet with Wire Mold. Moving the couch was not an option because of the over-sized window by the dinette.

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/43940/2166025350047821328S500x500Q85.jpg

byrdr1
07-04-2012, 03:50 AM
The only problem you will have is that there is no back on one of the benches. Also as mentioned there most likely is an outlet in one bench. Carpet will recover after a vacuuming. I removed my booth and moved the table with no problems .... just surface mounted the outlet with Wire Mold. Moving the couch was not an option because of the over-sized window by the dinette.

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/43940/2166025350047821328S500x500Q85.jpg
Hank, what did you put in place of dinette?

hankpage
07-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Moved table over .... there's only two of us.
http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/45790/2149978590047821328S500x500Q85.jpg

And added my "Mobile Moderating Station." :rolleyes: The DW was not too thrilled about that.

http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/46578/2228048760047821328S500x500Q85.jpg

rigby
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Hank -- When you changed your configuration, did you notice a difference in the feel of the floor that was under the sofa vs what was under the table? We have a Copper Canyon 252FWRLS with the free standing table & chairs. It feels like the floor under the table is maybe just the carpet over the sheet metal of the slide so there's a lot of 'give' and flex. Was wondering if that's normal, or if maybe they forgot to put some kind of plywood subflooring when it was built?

Steve W>
Windsor, CO

hankpage
07-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Hank -- When you changed your configuration, did you notice a difference in the feel of the floor that was under the sofa vs what was under the table? We have a Copper Canyon 252FWRLS with the free standing table & chairs. It feels like the floor under the table is maybe just the carpet over the sheet metal of the slide so there's a lot of 'give' and flex. Was wondering if that's normal, or if maybe they forgot to put some kind of plywood subflooring when it was built?

Steve W>
Windsor, CO

The entire floor of my slide is one sheet of ½" plywood so you must be careful when remounting the table to use the same screws. You may be feeling a loose piece of vinyl flooring under the carpet. One never knows in the wonderful world of RVs'. (I was going to say Keystone but that wouldn't be fair) :rolleyes:

rigby
07-25-2012, 11:30 AM
The entire floor of my slide is one sheet of ½" plywood so you must be careful when remounting the table to use the same screws. You may be feeling a loose piece of vinyl flooring under the carpet. One never knows in the wonderful world of RVs'. (I was going to say Keystone but that wouldn't be fair) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply. Just to follow up, I checked and the floor in our slide is plywood as you described. Now that I know that, I'm thinking that the 'feel' of it is just due to it being in the extended slide and a bit 'bouncy'. Does anyone use those slide stabilizers?

Steve W>