PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Danbury CT

beman1956
06-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Just got a new springdale 2670bhgs and moved up from tent. First trip to New Oleans for two weeks. What is the first thing I should know about a travel trailer? I know I'll learn the hard way but any tips would be a great help.

Thanks "Beman"

chris199
06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Congrats on the new rig! Will be a world of change. I wish when my DW and I were younger we knew about the fun of camping in a TT. We started in a tent then moved to a pop up. No comparison to a TT. HAVE FUN AND MAKE LOTS OF MEMORIES.

You'll get lots of advice here. This forum and the people here are tremendousgood intentions....great info!

Tips:
Safety..safety... load up your rig for camping. Load up ur TV with gear, gas, and people, dogs, etc. Head to a CAT scale and weigh your total rig, just ur TV, just ur trailer. Compare results to spec for ur TV.

Get a good brake controller.

Use a good WDH.

We put non slip drawer liner in every drawer and shelf.

Get good side view mirrors.

Get either the tennis balls on antenna like rods or a trailer mirror. Sometimes working with the DW to line up the hitch and ball can be a challenge....

Have fun!

snow
06-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Hello, get extra sewer hose or at least a 20 ' piece ,make sure you have a garden hose to hook up for water, a cable for tv , leveling blocks, rubber gloves when unhooking sewer hose ,don't be ashamed to ask ?s from your camping neighbors , and be careful and most of all have fun ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

beman1956
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks!!! Great tips and we will have fun. It's nice to know people like yourself are there for help.