PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Velocity Decals

RonBracken
06-28-2012, 08:55 AM
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=1009

Has anyone see this problem with the decals. The front decals has faded and has run down the face of my trailer. The trailer is a 2011 Raptor Velocity 300MP.:yawn:

Also has anyone had their Back beds just fall apart in the middel of the night while sleeping on them? I have had more problem with this trailer than I care to go in to. (Lemon)

Festus2
06-28-2012, 09:23 AM
A number of members have had problems with peeling and fading decals on a variety of models not just Raptors. Some have had good success getting replacements directly from Keystone, others haven't. If Keystone does approve replacements, you will be responsible for removing and applying the new ones. I would try Keystone first and send along photos of decals.
You might try a forum search ("peeling decals" or "decals") and see what others have said about their problems and dealings with Keystone.

Some members have also had problems with bunk beds that have collapsed under weight. Again, this problem has happened in other models as well. Try doing another forum search for this topic -- there are numerous threads already posted here about that.

Welcome, BTW, to the forum. Hope you get both of your problems fixed.

RonBracken
06-28-2012, 09:34 AM
I will do that

skdooman2004
06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
I have exact trailer(2011 300mp velocity), decals all look really good, but I keep it pretty nice, wax etc.it gets washed everytime i get home. It looks like a chemical got on it, or a degreaser. Now the bed , mine also broke when I was getting up on bed to open windows, it was 2nd month i had it and dealer replaced wood inside frame, so far its ok.

RonBracken
06-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I too, the 3 time I had it out I washed it do with Just water, I was told not to wax it, this just makes me sick. The trailer is such a great looking 5th wheel it tures heads for sure.
:USA:

Whitehouse
07-08-2012, 01:13 PM
I've never seen the decals run like that. We have a 2009 Velocity and the decals are cracking.

SAD
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Looks like snow on top melts and slides down the front - can be abrasive.

bcaldwell
02-22-2013, 10:22 AM
I have a 2011 Fuzion 322 Touring Edition III and my bunk beds had a failure which is in a earlier post. I have also seen the front decal on a Fuzion do the same thing, thought it was a chemical reaction to something used to clean. It also was a decal of the same colors.

lilmart
06-22-2014, 10:17 AM
I have a 2011 Velocity Raptor with the front decal running and cracking looking much like yours. Told the dealer and sent picture. The basically said they never saw this before and I could get replacement decals from the manufacturer.

skdooman2004
06-24-2014, 12:49 PM
I replied about mine in 2012, looked at them today, now they look like yours, I wash every trip, and stored inside winters. anybody having any luck getting new ones, now that its 3 years old? mine is also a 2011 300mp, same decal!!!

SmittysRV
07-22-2014, 06:53 AM
I will be doing the same thing, my front Cap sticker is in bad shape and its only going on 3 years old:( If anyone has info on the steps and procedure that have worked in getting new decals from Keystone pls post here. Thx(tx)

sw342
07-23-2014, 01:55 PM
My Fuzion 342 is doing the same thing. The consensus on another forum is sticker failure. The UV has killed them. Right now its my upper most side decals, but it appears to be starting on the main sticker in the middle of the cap.

skdooman2004
08-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Just got home from ocean city(castaways), surprised to see a box from keystone, opened up, and my 2 new decals ,that faded were inside. now that is customer service, I really didn't expect them, after all its 3 years old. I can't say anything negative about this situation, I was treated more than fair!!!!!

SmittysRV
08-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Just got home from ocean city(castaways), surprised to see a box from keystone, opened up, and my 2 new decals ,that faded were inside. now that is customer service, I really didn't expect them, after all its 3 years old. I can't say anything negative about this situation, I was treated more than fair!!!!!

Nice!! What did you do for that response? I need a new front cap sticker ASAP!!

skdooman2004
08-14-2014, 07:41 AM
I posted on here that they were fading, got an email few days later, asking questions, then about a week later asked which decal by way of a diagrahm. two weeks later , bam , they're hear, I'm impressed myself.

SmittysRV
08-14-2014, 07:54 AM
I posted on here that they were fading, got an email few days later, asking questions, then about a week later asked which decal by way of a diagrahm. two weeks later , bam , they're hear, I'm impressed myself.

Where on here did you post it? sounds great!!! Thx

Jager
08-14-2014, 10:00 AM

That would imply:

1) That someone from Keystone is reading this forum.

2) that Keystone cares.

3) That the Keystone interface was able to get your email address from the forum owners/operators.

I'm also a member on a GM forum and GM openly monitors and replies to post on that board. Some people hate it, others (like me) think only good things can come from it.

If true, would be a nice change on this board.

SmittysRV
08-14-2014, 10:50 AM
That would imply:

1) That someone from Keystone is reading this forum.

2) that Keystone cares.

3) That the Keystone interface was able to get your email address from the forum owners/operators.

I'm also a member on a GM forum and GM openly monitors and replies to post on that board. Some people hate it, others (like me) think only good things can come from it.

If true, would be a nice change on this board.

For sure!!!!!

Okay, My Stickers are FADING!!!! hope you (Keystone) read this.....(tx)

outwest
08-14-2014, 07:19 PM
One can hope they're reading *crossing fingers and toes*

Every Vantage trailer I've seen (including ours) has the grey paint on the end caps turning yellow. I inquired with the dealership about it, while it was under warranty, and the only thing they'd do was buff it, which did absolutely zero to fix the issue.

I'd think Keystone would want trailers that have their name emblazoned on 'em looking as good as possible for as long as possible. After all, people look at the trailers in the RV parks when they're shopping for a new one. End caps that yellow within a few months of taking possession only serves to make Keystone products look bad. Just like those decals going bad so quickly make Keystone rigs look like they're shoddily made.

SmittysRV
08-14-2014, 09:24 PM
One can hope they're reading *crossing fingers and toes*

Every Vantage trailer I've seen (including ours) has the grey paint on the end caps turning yellow. I inquired with the dealership about it, while it was under warranty, and the only thing they'd do was buff it, which did absolutely zero to fix the issue.

I'd think Keystone would want trailers that have their name emblazoned on 'em looking as good as possible for as long as possible. After all, people look at the trailers in the RV parks when they're shopping for a new one. End caps that yellow within a few months of taking possession only serves to make Keystone products look bad. Just like those decals going bad so quickly make Keystone rigs look like they're shoddily made.

Agree!!! I detail mine all the time and people have thought it was brand new until recently when the front cap sticker is beginning to deteriorate ....

Firemenfred
08-03-2015, 05:41 AM
i have a 2011 300 and they look the same. i want to peel them off and find something to replace them with like a wrap. i price out new decals and its about 700+. the dealer told me that some pieces are new and good and some are the old bad pieces. the old piece are where the high coast are.

any idea on how to get the goo off with out damaging the clear coat?

JRTJH
08-03-2015, 06:35 AM
Do a Forum Search for "Decal Removal" or "Adhesive Removal" and you should find a number of threads. This topic has been covered a number of times in the past with some very good (and detailed) methods to remove both the decals and the remaining adhesive.

I'd do the search for you, but I'm on a "VERY SLOW" Verizon signal in the middle of nowhere and don't want to spend the time right now. If you can't find what you're looking for, PM me and when I get to a place with a better wireless signal, I'll give you a hand.

BOWWOW
08-03-2015, 06:43 AM
i have a 2011 300 and they look the same. i want to peel them off and find something to replace them with like a wrap. i price out new decals and its about 700+. the dealer told me that some pieces are new and good and some are the old bad pieces. the old piece are where the high coast are.

any idea on how to get the goo off with out damaging the clear coat?

I used Acetone and many many rags and small towels. It takes 2 or 3 times to get all of the (GOO) adhesive off. I removed mine. The Big White Mint was very boring to look at, so I went to Hobby Lobby and for $20.00 I have a new Porch Honky Edition 1 of 1 by Keystone.

rs2049
08-06-2015, 08:41 PM
I have a 2012 Raptor 365LEV. The decal on this is white and black. It has done the same thing. It "runs" a blood red down the inside of the decal and then starts to fade. The white background on mine has now turned yellow from the top down. It has nothing to do with how you treated in, snow or any other thing other than the decal does not work on the fiberglass cap. All the rest of the decals on my unit and in pristine condition with the exception of the front cap. I have tried talking to Keystone both on my own and through a dealership with NO luck. It is going to cost me $500 of have it removed.

rjsurfer
08-07-2015, 01:56 AM
I love the "history" of Keystone front caps. First there was the attempts of using filon that didn't work out so they went to molded caps and the first year of so they cracked. Then they started to use large fancy decals and you know that story. Finally their up to full body type paint on the caps and there fading!

Yeeesh, why can't they get this thing right the first time. Don't they test this stuff before getting out to the market???? They must be losing millions on warranty work on all their front cap "versions".

If they put on tenth the money they spent on warranting these front caps into some testing they would be ahead of the game by miles.

HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE DECENT FRONT CAP?

Ron W.

SteveC7010
08-07-2015, 05:33 AM
I have a 2012 Raptor 365LEV. The decal on this is white and black. It has done the same thing. It "runs" a blood red down the inside of the decal and then starts to fade. The white background on mine has now turned yellow from the top down. It has nothing to do with how you treated in, snow or any other thing other than the decal does not work on the fiberglass cap. All the rest of the decals on my unit and in pristine condition with the exception of the front cap. I have tried talking to Keystone both on my own and through a dealership with NO luck. It is going to cost me $500 of have it removed.
$500 to simply remove the decal? Or $500 to remove and replace it? If that is for removal only, get a second opinion. It should not cost nearly that much to simply have the decal removed and the adhesive cleaned off. AS others have pointed out in this thread and other threads going back to the start of the forum, decal removal is not that difficult.

One of my "swirls" is starting to shrink. It's the only one that is showing signs of deterioration. I am thinking that I won't do anything with it for a while and see what happens. If it needs to be replaced someday, I will probably take it to a sign shop and have them either replace it with another vinyl decal or paint it back on. Either way, I am not putting that kind of money into fixing a single decal.

SmittysRV
08-11-2015, 08:57 AM
My Raptor looks brand new as I wash and wax it often. Its sad that the Front Cap looks Sooo bad....

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_181904_0_f3cfca187e3dc125cc555a7a1a7576d6.png (http://s153.photobucket.com/user/smittys62/media/Raptor%204014/71E7E5FD-D5B2-441A-A4B2-755524426591_zpsifk35us6.png.html)