PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Campers just bought our first travel trailer

BigBillCarGuy
06-25-2012, 08:19 AM
We purchased a 2003 Keystone Outback 25FBS. Does anyone know where we can look up the vin # history for this particular trailer. Thanks!!

hankpage
06-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome to the forum. You might be able to get the original owner from Keystone but after that I don't think that states keep very good records on trailers. JM2¢, Hank

KanTC
06-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the forum BigBillCarGuy.

I agree with Hank. To my knowledge there's no *Car Fax* (type) database for towable RV's, so it's
unlikely that you'd be able to track any service records/history beyond the original 1 yr manufacturer
warranty... and even then, I think only 'warranty' service/repairs would be on record with Keystone.
The only other thing that comes to mind, is -- 'if', by chance, any previous owner had purchased an
Extended Warranty, then you 'might' stumble upon some addition facts/records, but unfortunately that
(too) seems like a remote possibility.

Enjoy your new-to-you Outback, and Happy trails!
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

SAABDOCTOR
06-25-2012, 10:08 AM
hi and :wlcm: to the group. A Keystone dealer may be able to pull any warranty repairs but that would be about it. Enjoy the adventures!"bouncey:

Outbackmel
06-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Under the HIPPA act, exchange of private information without express written and signed consent is against the law here in the US. So, as stated above, you MIGHT find a dealer who is willing to express any prior work without disclosing the owner information, HOWEVER, this is doubtful due to possible contingent liability. There is nothing in it for any dealer to risk losing his business license by providing you anything.

If you have "doubts" pay CW or reputable RV dealer to go through the unit with you item by item all the way top to bottom...might be a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Not what you want to hear, but, these laws protect us all.