PDA

View Full Version : Brakes "skipping" on TT

MDRVers
06-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Just returned from a trip and on a few occassions while applying a decent amount of pressure for braking, the TT brakes "skipped"/jerked for a brief moment. It's a decent jolt too and easily felt. This does not happen on slow, gradual braking - just when there is a good amount of pressure on the brake pedal and even then it doesn't happen all of the time. The braker controller was set at 6.0. I then lowered it to 4.5 and it skipped/jerked again. Lowered it to 2.0 and it didn't happen the rest of the way home. The TV is an F350. Any thoughts?

Thanks!(tx)

Fayne

chuck&gail
06-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Any chance it was just sand or crap on the road? Mine sure skip on sand patches when braking hard. Also you might turn down boost if a Prodigy brake controller.

MDRVers
06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks, Chuck. No, didn't notice anything like that. My first thought that it may have been the white strips (like a crosswalk) that was causing it but that wasn't it. I have lowered the brake controller setting so we'll see if that solves it.

Thanks again!

rjsurfer
06-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Could be grease contaminated linings.

A bit of grease getting through the seals might effect the braking (grabbing) as you describe.

The only sure way is pull the drum on the offending wheel, of course what wheel?... might not be that easy to do pick out. Having someone on the side of a gravel road while you apply the brakes might work....they MIGHT be able to pick out the offender.

Ron W.