PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alaska, new Cougar 29BHSWE!

Alaskan Cougar
06-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Just bought my first travel trailer, a 2012 Keystone Cougar 29BHSWE. My wife, two daughters and I really love it, spent the first few weekends in it parked next to the garage to try everything out. We took it down to a place called Chitna, Alaska last weekend where we dipnetted for Copper River Red and King salmon (we caught 250 reds and nine kings, had multiple families with us). I use my company truck, a 2006 Ford F250 Crew Longbed Diesel to pull it, works great. I bought it new from Curtis Trailers in Oregon, they trucked it up to the Alaska Ferry for me, then I drove to Haines, Alaska to pick it up. I've got hours of research ahead of me on these forums, glad I found it. (tx)

SAABDOCTOR
06-21-2012, 04:19 AM
:wlcm:Hi wow are you going to have adventures! been to Alaska four times but never in the summer! yep i am nutz!!! sure is beautiful . enjoy"bouncey:

rhagfo
06-21-2012, 05:52 AM
:wlcm:
Well enjoy your new Cougar, I use to travel to Alaska for work and have been there both in winter and summer (solstice time), hope you have great room darkining shades.
Nice fishing!!
Edit: Curtis is about five miles from my house, buy a fair number of parts and accessories from them.

antiqfreq
06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the forum.

We have plenty of members here who can answer a lot of your questions should you have any.

Enjoy your camping season!

Jo

chris199
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Alaska! How cool is that? Would love to camp there all summer sometime...maybe a retirement goal!

Welcome to the forum! Have fun with that new trailer. Make some long lasting memories!

Alaskan Cougar
06-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks! Alaska is a great place, I was born here, I'll be here for the rest of my life! After we get our TT back from the dealer, we're definitley heading out to the campgrounds and enjoying the scenery. I'll have to get a generator, though, as most of the campgrounds, as the Keystone glossary has pointed out, are 'primitive'. :p

Washalaskan
06-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Congratulationa! As a former 25 year resident of Ketchikan I envy you! Hope you enjoy the Cougar......

Big Boy w/ Big Toys
06-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Man I can't believe I am missing the Copper this year....there will always be next year. Welcome aboard and I am also a new guy. We picked up our new/1st TT a Raptor 30 FS in Great Falls and ran down to Phoenix for soccer. Here till some time next week and will be working our way north again up the Cassair instead of the ALCAN.

happytrails
06-26-2012, 12:40 AM
I sure wish I was back in Alaska. I spent 3 1/2 years up there in Eielson AFB. I didn't realize what I was missing until I moved. I enjoyed while I was there, but if I had known how much I would miss it I would have done soooooo much more. I got thrown up there as a 19 year old punk fresh in the AF who knew he didn't want to be that cold. Someday we'll make it back. I can't even imagine what it must be like to camp up there. B-E-A-UTIFUL.