PDA

View Full Version : Caninet hinge screws

Brian in PA
06-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi! We just purchased a new Avalanche 341TG. First off we love it! When we looked at other ones online I noticed that the front bathroom, above the toilet was a small cabinet. The one we got has a shelf. This seems to be a variance in the different trailers we saw. i talked to our camping world salesman and he ordered the cabinet for us. When it arrived a couple weeks later I got a bag of hardware but no screws. Now I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I cant find screws that match these anywhere. I called Keystone and they said that they don't sell screws, for me to contact my dealer.I contacted them and they said that screws never come with anything like what i ordered??! I need a handful of nickel plated square drive screws. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Brian

Festus2
06-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Surprised that the dealer or CW don't have some spare cabinet screws gathering dust somewhere in their shops. Is there a speciality hardware store or cabinet maker in your area that might carry nickel-plated Robertson screws? What about Home Depot or Lowe's?? If you can't find Robertson screws, what about Phillips or slotted?

Brian in PA
06-19-2012, 06:14 PM
I tried everywhere i even looked online. I wanted the Robertson so they match.. Oh well I'll figure something out. thanks!

Brian

hankaye
06-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Brian in Pa, Howdy;

I tried everywhere i even looked online. I wanted the Robertson so they match.. Oh well I'll figure something out. thanks! Brian

Try some of the local reputiable RV shops around. Ask to speak the the Mechanic that does the Insurance work.... They get their hands on hardware and stuff to restore wrecks and such stuff ......
Never hurts to ask.

hankaye

Halibutman214
06-20-2012, 04:49 AM
Most cities of any size have a fastener store that sells just about every screw type you could imagine along with things you look at and wonder, what the heck do they use that for. If you haven't already do a search on Fasteners.

SteveC7010
06-20-2012, 05:06 AM
Check Ebay, too. I got several hundred hits on square head screws and quite a few on robertson screws.

Roberson4
06-20-2012, 06:10 AM
What I have done before is find some 'hidden' screws somewhere in the rv that match. Take them out and replace them with ones that don't match exactly but are the same length and size. Now I have screws that match to use in a place that is easily seen.

When I tell my wife "whoever installed that did not use screws that match everything else", she usually says "who is going to notice that?". I tell her "everyone who pays attention to that kind of stuff, like me".;) NOW, she will notice things like that. :rofl:

azlee56
06-20-2012, 06:16 AM
I wonder if keystone has them that will send them to you (????)

Roberson4
06-20-2012, 06:27 AM
I called Keystone and they said that they don't sell screws, for me to contact my dealer.

Brian

Call Keystone back and tell them thats OK, you weren't looking to buy any anyway. You just want them to send you the screws that go with the hardware they sent.:D

azlee56
06-20-2012, 06:53 AM
oops I didn't see that. Tell them you don't want to buy them, just give them to you :-))

azlee56
06-20-2012, 06:54 AM
I still have road tiredness I think. Yeah, what he said!!!!

hankaye
06-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Brian in Pa, Howdy;

http://www.fastenal.com/web/Search.ex?action=productSearch&searchterm=Robertson+screws

Then, you can use the store locater to find the nearest one to you...

hankaye

ktmracer
06-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi! We just purchased a new Avalanche 341TG. First off we love it! When we looked at other ones online I noticed that the front bathroom, above the toilet was a small cabinet. The one we got has a shelf. This seems to be a variance in the different trailers we saw. i talked to our camping world salesman and he ordered the cabinet for us. When it arrived a couple weeks later I got a bag of hardware but no screws. Now I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I cant find screws that match these anywhere. I called Keystone and they said that they don't sell screws, for me to contact my dealer.I contacted them and they said that screws never come with anything like what i ordered??! I need a handful of nickel plated square drive screws. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Brian

our local ace hdwr store has a huge selection of robertson drive screws of every size color and plating. They have screws that match exactly the hdwr on our hinges.

another thing to try is rockler woodworking, they may have something to match in the hinges with screws. They have the same hinges on my outback.

SAABDOCTOR
06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
HI YA! If all ealse fails, in Derby, Ct there is a place called the "nutty company" they have what you want. Phone # is 203-734-1604. if they don't have it you didn't need it!:thewave:

2011 keystone
06-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Try a company called fastenal. They have branches in almost every state.

jsmith948
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, learned something here today - did not know they were called Robertson drive screws.
Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and look at their "Kreg" pocket jig screws
Primarily flange head (shorter screws are pan head) plated and painted
Hope it helps:)

hankaye
06-21-2012, 07:49 PM
jsmith948, Howdy;

Please look down to #6 in the index.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw#Screw_head_shapes

Panhead screws look like a frying pan turned upside down.
'Roberson' is a type of drive (square), that is used, like
phillips, prince & Reed, or the good old 'stright slot' see item #7
in the index.

The "Kreg" pocket screws you mentioned are probably the
manufacturer's name.

hankaye

Brian in PA
06-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Thanks everyone for your input and ideas. I got in touch with Michelle from Keystone and she is shipping out my screws. :)

Brian

jsmith948
06-28-2012, 05:31 AM
jsmith948, Howdy;

Please look down to #6 in the index.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw#Screw_head_shapes

Panhead screws look like a frying pan turned upside down.
'Roberson' is a type of drive (square), that is used, like
phillips, prince & Reed, or the good old 'stright slot' see item #7
in the index.

The "Kreg" pocket screws you mentioned are probably the
manufacturer's name.

hankaye

Sorry for my tardiness - didn't see that you had posted a response
Yes to all that you said - I was merely offering that brand of screw as an alternate source - the "kit" I purchased for use with my Kreg Jig has an assortment of square drive screws - use them on the 5er as well as in my wood working projects(tx)

SAABDOCTOR
06-28-2012, 05:49 AM
See that you got screwed by Keystone and it was good!"bouncey: