PDA

View Full Version : Ready to go?,,,not today

pinn
06-16-2012, 02:38 AM
The dw and I are ready to go this weekend in the new 5er.Thought I would check things out this week.Stove ..check AC ...check.Furnace...check.Water heater...check.Fridge ...oh oh...No go on propane or electric...I guess the cooling unit is bad..Guess I will see how good the warranty is.Sucks as this is a nice weekend here in eastern Canada...:(:::

hankpage
06-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Bummer! Did you check the fuses. Even on propane it needs 12v. dc to operate the control board and igniter. I'm sure your DW will find something for you to do on a nice weekend at home ....... Mine did. :rolleyes:

flybouy
06-16-2012, 06:01 AM
The dw and I are ready to go this weekend in the new 5er.Thought I would check things out this week.Stove ..check AC ...check.Furnace...check.Water heater...check.Fridge ...oh oh...No go on propane or electric...I guess the cooling unit is bad..Guess I will see how good the warranty is.Sucks as this is a nice weekend here in eastern Canada...:(:::

That's what God created ice chest for!

Ruffus
06-16-2012, 06:12 AM
How long did you have it on? It took mine two days to cool down because it was so warm outside. Just wondering?

hankaye
06-16-2012, 08:17 AM
pinn, Howdy;

Classic Bummer !!!

When you check the control box in the outside access there are 2 fuses.

The 3 amp. fuse in the DC side is the "Master" fuse. the fuse for the 120vac side can be 'good' yet the fridge won't work... NEED to check them both...

hankaye

X-Treme
06-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Was your unit level, or at least somewhat close to it? A lot of rv fridges won't work if they are too far out of level.

pinn
06-17-2012, 03:00 AM
Thanks for all the replies...It was level and fuses are all good.The 5er is at the dealer for warranty now and is in there hands......It is funny how the dw's honeydo list is always there when the weather is good....Anyway maybe next weekend.

hankaye
06-23-2012, 08:40 PM
pinn, Howdy;

Please let us know what the problem was....
we can add that knowledge to the data base.

Thanks,

hankaye