PDA

View Full Version : Carpet under slide

oldfamer
06-15-2012, 06:18 AM
I have a 2008 Laredo and the carpet is showing some wear, where the slide moves in and out. Do I need to have this adjusted, is this a common problem?
Thanks in advance

SQLShaw
06-16-2012, 06:56 AM
I had a 2008 Outback that I just sold, granted different model, but I never did see any wear patterns on the carpets from the slide. I did however have some issues with the carpet not tight enough and I would see a roll or a pocket of areas around the slides where they would push the carpet.

I am not sure how often you put your slides in and out, I am guessing for reference I was doing it about once a week for 5 months, and I did that for 3 years.

I am sure that does not help much, but maybe give you some data for building some results that you can use.

--SQLShaw

f6bits
06-16-2012, 07:20 AM
A while back I’d asked about carpet slides like this one:
http://lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151%3Aslideaccessories&catid=34&Itemid=278
The general response I got was that they were not necessary because operating the slide doesn’t cause much wear on the carpet.

But if you’re getting some wear, maybe they’ll help.

Outbackmel
06-16-2012, 10:35 AM
It's the DIRT from the rollers on light colored carpeting. WHY, do they charge so much? Because they can. I am going to cut strips from a thin plastic office chair mat. They have grippers on the bottom, won't slide and should "git-r-done" ;)