PDA

View Full Version : Superglide

campboy
02-21-2010, 04:45 AM
Just bit the bullet and orderd a Superglide hitch for the Cougar. Really got tired of finding a place to pull out and reset the slider hitch. Big chunk of change, but it's only money! RIGHT?

Flyguy
02-21-2010, 06:01 AM
You only have to buy it one time and it will last a lifetime if you maintain it (keep those slide rails lubed), the first time you pull with it and have peace of mind you'll be glad that you bought it, and oh yes, now that you bought one I'll wait for them to go on sale.

Ruffus
02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Bought my Superglide used on craigslist and it works great, I love being able to turn 90 degrees while backing up a hill and not worrying about the trailer hitting the cab, one of the best inventions to come along in a long time for short bed trucks. Just keep it clean and lubed.
Jim B:)

basecurve101
02-21-2010, 04:38 PM
I love my superglide. I use it to tow my challenger 36 footer. :)

campboy
03-04-2010, 04:31 AM
Towed home with the new hitch yesterday. Tight, quiet and worked perfectly backing up the drive. Wish I had droped the extra dime the first time, well worth the money.

kevin
03-31-2010, 05:00 AM
Get a good dry lube for the tubes. The grease seem to collect all kinds of grim. If the tube are already greased you'll need to remove them and clean really well. I used a degreaser then sprayed with brake cleaner. Let dry and coat with dry lube Slip Plate). You'll be glad you did.

campboy
03-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Looked for the brand they sell but could not find it localy. Found same thing at Pep Boys. Made a 300 mile trip down the coast and back, the hitch is much more quiet than others I have owned. I have a slide cover for my truck so the hitch stays clean.