PDA

View Full Version : Newbies!!

jbruere
06-14-2012, 06:10 AM
New to this forum and new to owning our own camper! We've tent camped for so long, and finally the Memorial weekend storms put me over the edge. I'm so excited to have my very own mobile mansion! Looking forward to years of fun. I grew up with campers and the memories last a lifetime.

Can't wait to explore this forum!

Festus2
06-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Compared to a wet and cold tent, an RV is hard to beat and after spending that long tenting, you really will come to see it as a "mobile mansion". Welcome and enjoy your very own camper!

2011 keystone
06-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the group.
What TT did you get?

jbruere
06-14-2012, 07:21 AM
I should have been more detailed I guess! We bought a new 2012 Hideout 27DBS. It's just myself, my boyfriend, my daughter who's 9 and our 100lb yellow lab :)

We live in Iowa and camp locally. We also have a boat. Unfortunately right now, just one tow vehicle, but when we are close to home it's not a huge deal. We are only about 20 minutes from campground/lake.

I grew up with a dad that ran bass fishing tournaments all over the midwest. We were on wheels or water every weekend in the summer. I missed those days for so long and wanted the same memories for my daughter! I had to beg and beg for the camper and make promises (like I have to do the dumping) but it's all worth it!! I sleep like a dream, and doing dishes, and the bathroom!!! Can you tell how much I love it already :)

chris199
06-14-2012, 08:29 AM
:wlcm:

Small price to pay....what's the big deal with handling a hose with gloves on?!? Someone needs to man up....:rofl:

Just kidding....have a blast! Making memories is the best part of RV'ing to me.

rhagfo
06-14-2012, 08:44 AM
:wlcm:
Yes mobile mansion is far better than a tent. You really need to get the BF to "Man Up" and do the dirty work.
Enjoy the new toy.

azlee56
06-14-2012, 09:02 AM
the guilt will get to him and he will do it. Maybe it was to see how bad she really wanted one ;);)

jbruere
06-14-2012, 09:24 AM
It's really ok....I don't mind. AND..this way I know it's getting done right!!!:cool:

azlee56
06-14-2012, 10:03 AM
cool Jess. I don't see where it has to be totally the man's job either. I don't see why cooking and doing dishes is totally my job either. So we help each other out.....except please put things where they belong!

jsmith948
06-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Oooohhh! You had to go There!!??:D