PDA

View Full Version : hello from sd

campsd
06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi all,I have been a lurker for awhile and finally decided to join.We have a2010 copper canyon 273 fwret 5er and 2011 chevy 2500hd. Most of our weekends are spent in Custer State Park in the Black Hills of S.D. both of us still work f.t.so thats about all we have time for,but we reaiily enjoy our times in our 5er.Happy camping all !!

Festus2
06-12-2012, 09:07 PM
campsd -
Glad that you stopped lurking and decided to join us! Sounds like a great weekend get-a-way campsite. Enjoy and travel safely.

gkainz
06-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Welcome! I grew up around Custer and love the Hills. What's your favorite campground? I liked Ditch Creek above Deerfield as a kid tenting it, but we actually had the best camping right in our back yard. 80 acres of timber, trout stream, forest service on 1 side and Custer state park on the other!
Greg

campsd
06-13-2012, 10:13 AM
We stay at the game lodge campground most of the time,it's handy for us since we live in R.C. there are many great campgrounds in the hills for sure.

azlee56
06-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi ya campsd. gkainz, I am so jealous.

Jarhead
06-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi all,I have been a lurker for awhile and finally decided to join.We have a2010 copper canyon 273 fwret 5er and 2011 chevy 2500hd. Most of our weekends are spent in Custer State Park in the Black Hills of S.D. both of us still work f.t.so thats about all we have time for,but we reaiily enjoy our times in our 5er.Happy camping all !!

We are also new to this forum and enjoying the great area of RC SD. Staying at the Happy Holiday Resort RV camp sites. Tomorrow we go through and pick up our new Raptor 297SE. We have really enjoyed the country and sites here in SD. :wlcm:

campsd
06-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Hey Jarhead,first i'd like to say thanks for your service,I have a son in the A.F. (T.C.A.P. 9 deployments ) Welcome to the neighborhood,enjoy the area !
Congrats on the new RV,very exciting !! How long are you going to be in the area ?

fla-gypsy
06-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome from Florida. We too still work FT so long weekends and vacations is the only time for camping. The good thing is I know Florida from one end to the other and we have some great camping down here.

rhagfo
06-16-2012, 07:20 PM

:wlcm:

As you can see many of still work FT to enjoy our toys. We have many SP within 100 miles to enjoy. One is only about 20 miles down the road, we will sometimes do spur of the moment over nighter to it.
I would love to spend sometime in that area in the near future!