PDA

View Full Version : Hello from CO

Jarhead
06-12-2012, 05:35 PM
My wife and I are on vacation in SD in our Outback 230RS and just traded it in for a 2013 Raptor 297SE. So driving home to CO will be my first trip with a 5th wheel trailer. Of what I have been told my 2011 Ford F250 (Diesel) Power Stroke won't have a hard time pulling it.
The main reason we upgraded was not only the room when our kids join us. But also I couldn't fit my HD in the Outback garage. Won't be a problem now.
I really like the features in the Raptor 297SE to include the generator, 30gal gas tank and larger garage to fit HD or ATV's when going hunting.
Hope to hear from other Raptor 297SE owners. (tx)

Festus2
06-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Hello and welcome from a non Raptor owner. Glad to have you with us. There is a Raptor's social group maintained by Donegal Bill --- check the Community link above to access this segment of the forum. Not sure how many other Raptor owners belong but worth a look.

antiqfreq
06-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new fifth wheel.

I do not own a Raptor but do own a fifth wheel.

Enjoy your driving and camping experiences !

Jo

jrp
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I've got a 2011 Raptor 297SE that I pull with a 2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 diesel. The combined weights are well under the F250 GCWR, but the pin weight puts me right at about the 10,000 lb GVWR depending how full or empty the tanks are. But it pulls, stops & handles fine. I did add a set of air bag springs to the F250 and replaced the pin box with an air pin box.
I like the 297SE, it fits my need just right. I had a few minor issues on it when delivered. Like skirting that was barely attached under the slide. I just added some home made supports rather than fight with the dealer.
I fit both my Harley & my ATV in the garage. I only use mine part time, when traveling with the toys. I still have a diesel class A MH for my extended travels.