PDA

View Full Version : Truck stolen last night

cmssorrell
06-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Stole it right out of my driveway. What a bummer.

Mark

azlee56
06-12-2012, 03:27 PM
oh mannnnnnnnnnn!!!! I would have a fit (might not do any good). Hope they find like they did a guy here. It was in Phoenix and parked because they ran out of gas. The police called my friend and said come get it. A pain in the butt, but no damage but stole a welder that was in the back.

rhagfo
06-12-2012, 03:36 PM
That sucks!
How you either get it back undamaged or you are well insured!

hankpage
06-12-2012, 03:42 PM
There's a lot of desperate people out there today. I hope things work out well for you and it gets recovered or replaced quickly. Hank

Hansel
06-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Man that sucks!!!!!

Was it a diesel??

seahunter
06-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Can't say anything to make it better but so sorry.

JRTJH
06-13-2012, 05:54 AM
In the past, it had always happened to "the other guy", never to us. I could see how people would be frustrated and upset when thieves hit. About 5 years ago, I was in the office, seeing patients and my next door neighbor called, telling me that the police were at my house and someone had robbed us. I finished that patient, went home to find 3 policemen in my bedroom, looking at the underwear and socks on the floor. I can still remember the feeling of being violated that came over me when I realized someone had been in our home, gone through our personal things and taken some of them. After that, sitting in the living room, layin in bed, taking a shower were quite different and more "vulnerable" for quite a while. When your sense of security is threatened, it's not a comfortable feeling.

I can understand the personal violation the OP feels and it's quite different from the loss of his truck. While that's important and needs to be replaced/recovered, the personal loss is also a problem to work through.

CMSSMORRELL, best to you, I hope you and your family get through this quickly.

ls1mike
06-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear it. :( Hope you are back on the road soon.

azlee56
06-13-2012, 08:19 PM
I keep waiting for him to just yell or say he got it back. I am just waiting for any outburst that what has to happen. update?

cmssorrell
06-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Thanks everyone, no truck yet. After 15 days it will be considered a total loss if not found. The truck had 71,000 miles on it and in excellent condition. Heck, I took better care of that truck than I did my kids...lol. I've been looking around at the dealerships and there are not a lot of dually s out there for sale. Seems to be more high mileage Fords than anything else. I'm may leaning toward a Dodge or Chevy this time.

Mark

SAABDOCTOR
06-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Wow sorry to hear what happened hope it all gets squared away any sort a luck they will catch the ones that stole it. in my area home invations are getting more frequent. my toy is with me inbed and my hand is in my pocket when i walk into my house. tough way to live but thats the times we live in:eek:

geo
06-14-2012, 05:40 AM
Mark,

Being a victim basically sucks! Sorry.

Have you looked at CarMax? I think they will transfer vehicles across the country at no charge, or at least they did at one time.

Ron