PDA

View Full Version : Detaching Dinette?

Bowline
02-16-2010, 06:57 PM
The floor of the slide on my Cougar 27 RKS trailer elevates about 2 inches off the trailer's floor when the slide is in the retracted position. With the slide retracted, the aft dinette bench becomes loosened at the bottom where it screws into the floor. The bench's frame elevates about a half inch off the floor, and the screws are obviously not holding it. When the slide is extended, the bench lowers and becomes tight to the floor and cannot be moved. The slides' floor also achieves full contact along its length with the trailer's floor.

My question is, is the fact the dinette bench elevates from the floor anything to worry about? If I screw it down securely when the slide is extended, I am sure the screws will pull out from the floor when the slide is retracted.

The slide works well and appears to seal perfectly when extended and retracted.

Festus2
02-17-2010, 11:00 PM
We have a 2008 27ft 5th RKS and the "floor" of the slide lies flat on the floor of the main unit when the slide is retracted. There is no space between the two. If your slide floor is 2 inches higher when it is retracted, it would seem like the slide needs adjusting so that it is flush with the main floor.

Bowline
02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. I will bring this issue up with my dealer next week.