PDA

View Full Version : Window blinds

DS162
02-15-2010, 11:33 AM
When traveling is it best to have the window blinds all the way up or down?
We have been told both. Would like to know how you'all do it.
DS162
09Everest 305T
09 Ford F250

Flyguy
02-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't know that that matters much, we usually have the blinds down only because we store the trailer that way, some of our blinds are anchored at the bottom so they stay down (opened or closed).

Bowline
02-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Aluminum mini-blinds can bang around while on the road if left down - best to keep them up and safely stowed. I don't think it makes any difference if the day - night fabric blinds are up or down. I keep mine down while traveling to minimize UV damage to my RV's interior.

JJnLilly
03-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Read some time ago that the day/night shades should be up when traveling. This takes the tension off the cords.

Sooner
04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
We also leave our day/night shades up when on the road. Keeps them from getting so dusty. Less cleaning is good with me!

Rob_G
04-27-2010, 05:29 AM
Chaulk me in the "keep 'em up" column too. I've tried them down in the anchors but those break to easliy. Up is just simply easier. Nothing bangs into them to crease them and you always get to see what's inside when you're stopping for lunch or something.

Jim W
04-28-2010, 04:04 AM
I always pull the 5er with all the shades down, the mini blinds and the day night shades. We usually take the 5er right out of storage and go to what ever campground we have plan for that weekend. The camper is stored with everything in it except the food and clothes we required. I just fold down the rear seats and load up the truck. The Mega Cab on the Dodge will handle all of the dry food, cooler and all of our clothes for the weekend with room left over.
We can only have the 5er in the driveway for 48 hours so it is a hassle to bring home and load up with food and clothes every time we camp.
Jim

suza
07-28-2013, 01:23 PM
We also leave our day/night shades up when on the road. Keeps them from getting so dusty. Less cleaning is good with me!

Good thinking, regarding dust. I hadn't thought of that :)

suza
07-28-2013, 01:26 PM
We can only have the 5er in the driveway for 48 hours so it is a hassle to bring home and load up with food and clothes every time we camp.
Jim

Makes me appreciate living in the country where we can put our RV wherever we want for as long as we want. Especially nice when doing routine maintenance and mods. 48 hrs isn't much time, especially if you work. You want to be able to spend your free time on the road, not in the driveway :D