PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump

lmoser
06-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Finally got my cougar 324 to the big horns in wy. Rain and snow and cold. My question is the water pump seemed to make much more noise than it did last summer. It worked fine but was making more noise than I remember. Last summer was our first with this cougar. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

therink
06-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I am had a similar problem. I gently pulled on the water supply lines in various places while the pump was running and found the noisy pipe. I then duct taped it to the other line and the hammer noise went away? I figured that somewhere along the line while traveling, a line must have shifted in the belly area

lmoser
06-10-2012, 02:14 PM
thanks therink
i will try that

Festus2
06-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Some other things to check ----
Where ever one of the lines from or to the pump pass through a partition, make sure that the lines are not resting against it. The line will vibrate and the vibration is picked up by the partition, magnified and becomes "louder".
Try putting some pipe insulation in those spots where the lines are close to or touch any wall or partition.
Check the pump and what it is resting on. You might want to take it off and put some rubber "feet" or something similar - cork or even a more solid and insulated base.
Replace some of the lines with flexible SS hoses where there are short runs - especially those exiting the pump.