PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Inlet on Satelite

Nudels2u75
06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
When I run my wire from my dish through a window to receiver-and thru all 4 TV's it works fine..

When I run my wire to connection outside for Satelite I am not getting a signal....There are 2 Jacks on the exterior and the bottom one is marked satelite, the other is not marked, but neither one of them will pick up a signal. I have tried them both.

There are also 2 Jacks behind the main TV about 1' higher than the other and neither one of them are labeled.

I did get all TV's working with the jacks that are pre-wired just can not seem to get the inlet service to work.

Where does the trouble shooting begin. and is there some type of meter to tast these jacks, maybe a ohm meter or something.

This is on a 2013 300MP Raptor

DocData757
06-08-2012, 10:45 AM
What model/year camper do you have?

bgilsrud
06-08-2012, 12:04 PM
try turning off the signal booster! Thats what i had to do on my 2011 cougar 31sqb

Maxzd
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM
If turning off the booster doesn't work, you may have to remove the wall plate with the coax jack. If the wire to connect satellite is running thru the amplifier on or off, it generally won't pass the signal thru. You will need to disconnect and attach your satellite receiver from that cable. Why they wire it from the factory that way and without labels is beyond me..

Nudels2u75
06-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Is there any way to test the jacks coming into the trailer---with ohm meter or something of this nature...

Nudels2u75
07-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Purchased a Tester form Home Depot for around $30.00 and was able to test all jacks, cables and connections.....Really simple and easy to use...took me about 30 minutes to get everything resolved and now labeled and ready to go....What an awesome tester also

Roberson4
07-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Purchased a Tester form Home Depot for around $30.00 and was able to test all jacks, cables and connections.....Really simple and easy to use...took me about 30 minutes to get everything resolved and now labeled and ready to go....What an awesome tester also

Do you have a link for what tester you got?

Can you share what you found to be the problem?

poochy
07-01-2012, 07:26 AM
same problem with our fuzion called keystone tech was very helpful, this worked on mine 1 hook dish to outside satellite imput 2 shut off antenna booster 3 inside behind tv u need a 2way splitter from radio shack,home depot,lowes, ect. hook out 1 of splitter to tv out 2 to top imput in wall the input of splitter go,s to out to tv on satellite box the lower wall imput go,s to satellite in on satellite box hope this fixes yours to happy camping butch:cool:

Nudels2u75
07-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Went to home depot and purchase a satelitte cable tester for like $30.00 and test the entire camper and labeled everything, and also test all of my short and long cables the little special test light is awesome....makes it real easy...

hsmunoz
07-16-2012, 03:56 PM
I took a coax cable and soldered a 9V battery to it, plug it into an unknown socket, then attach a cable to what I think is the output, use the ol tongue test . cost 3 bucks ;c)

anthonbloom
07-17-2012, 05:34 AM
The crux of the problem is that the " Satellite Prep" is nothing of the sort. If you want to rewire the trailer, that is your option, but I have a couple of workarounds that I use on my 2012 318SAB with my Bell basic receiver.
I found a very small 25' coax cable in Zellers (Philips?) - about 1/8" diameter that will run through a window and still allow it to close - which works fine as a satellite input. I also tried the flat coax available from Camco, but that was easy to cut and more bulky, short and expensive.
I had a Signal Sender/Receiver ( Radio Shack) lying around, and that will send the output of the Satellite Receiver to the TV of your choice and has the IR cable to allow the use of the remote where you are watching even if the Receiver is elsewhere.
My latest scheme places the Satellite Receiver in the under-storage along with a remote control extender ( $40 at Radio Shack / The Source) and an RF modulator. I send the RCA output from the Receiver to the RF modulator and the coax output from the modulator to the "Satellite Prep". This can then be watched on both TVs as a cable channel. The remote works through the floor without a problem, and I have one less set of wires cluttering up the entertainment space.