PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances????

monte1214
06-08-2012, 06:21 AM
- Just picked up my new 291RLS yesterday, and let me say...I friggin love that remote!!
- My old trailer was an '07 and didn't have one.
- What a nice feature!!

- Anyways...what are the chances of someone having the same "frequency" remote as me? It'd be quite the suprise when all of a sudden, my awning, slides or landing gear started moving!?!??!

- Also, anyone know the range of the remote??

geo
06-08-2012, 06:30 AM
- Just picked up my new 291RLS yesterday, and let me say...I friggin love that remote!!
- My old trailer was an '07 and didn't have one.
- What a nice feature!!

- Anyways...what are the chances of someone having the same "frequency" remote as me? It'd be quite the suprise when all of a sudden, my awning, slides or landing gear started moving!?!??!

- Also, anyone know the range of the remote??

Monte -

I bet Saabdoctor will be able to answer your question! On another thread he mentioned he was worried about ending up in the closet from someone else's remote! :D

Ron

azlee56
06-08-2012, 08:06 AM
awwweee that one is simple. Just make sure your wireless is off and then you don't have to sweat it!!! (You could make sure the switch is on slides if you want to) :-)

SAABDOCTOR
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
I have played with mine and with a fresh battery it did about 250 ft. i have never had a problem with some one ealse on the same freq.. the remote is just like a car alarm or a modern garage door opener it is a roling code.so it should never be an issue. my joke was i shut my hydrolics off so when we are in bed the slider will not be run in and i end up in the closet. because then i would have to come out of the closet and then people would talk lol:eek:. i have heard about shuting of the wifi but never found that in my unit. have not looked to hard either. but you are correct it sure is nice to run the awning in or out or turn on a scare light from the bedroom or when driving up to it at night.:)

monte1214
06-08-2012, 04:34 PM
- So why I'm waiting for Saabdoctor, does anyone know how to turn off the remote?
- I'm not really that worried about it, but it's nice to know how to do it "if" it ever happens.

- Thanks for all the replies!

JRTJH
06-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Take the batteries out.

azlee56
06-10-2012, 07:10 PM
if you take the batteries out for long, you will have to reprogram the remote with the control center. I don't know about all of you, but I have a power/wifi switch by the controls to the remote. It has to be on for anything to move. As an added protection you have to switch from what you are moving (ie landing gear, awning, slides, etc). So it is safe with it off.

hankaye
06-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Howdy All;

Some of the comments made me remember when my Dad got his first remote garage door opener.
He'd go for a drive around some of the newer housing developments and press the butto every couple
of hundred yards or so to see if any doors would open or close. He also liked to do the same thing with
Television remotes.....

hankaye

scottm1
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
my joke was i shut my hydrolics off so when we are in bed the slider will not be run in and i end up in the closet. because then i would have to come out of the closet and then people would talk lol:eek:. .:)

HA HA, That made my smile when I read it I must admit.

rconkin
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I used to sell garage doors and openers and once upon a time the remotes and openers were mated using dip switches and that was when you could drive around and open others doors if the switches were set the same. Then they came out with openers that had a "smart button" on them that had to be pressed to program the remotes to them and they use the rotating codes. The reciever in my Montana has the smart button to program the remote to it and I would think yours is the same way.

mikell
07-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Our new security system screwed up our remote car starters. Took a few days to figure that out and the alarm company tried to get out of it. They had to finally give it up and do an upgrade.