PDA

View Full Version : manual crank for landing gear

rburckhart
02-14-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't have a manual crank for the landing gear on my '07 Cougar 292 RKS and would like to get one. Since the literature I have doesn't say, does anybody happen to know what brand of landing gear Keystone uses? Is it Atwood or someone else? Thanks again...Dick

Festus2
02-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Dick --- One of our members - Hankpage - has the identical unit that you have. You might send him a PM or wait for an answer from him on this thread.

Jim W
02-15-2010, 07:18 AM
I am not sure on the Keystone models but I do know that my old 5er had a label on the motor. I needed this once to fix the landing gear on my 5er. And Ameri-Camp had closed it's doors sometime ago, so I had no way of talking to them on how to repair the landing gear problem.
I looked at the motor and there was a label on the motor that I was able to trace back to the landing gear manufacture.

Waiting on my new Cougar 318SAB and have traded in my 06 Ameri-Camp for this new 5er.
Hope this helps you?

rburckhart
02-15-2010, 11:48 AM
I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm beginning to wonder if I might be duller than I think! I went out and actually LOOKED at my landing gear and right there on the gear box it said "Venture Mfg.", so I guess now I know - all I need now is to find a local dealer who might have a crank.

hankpage
02-15-2010, 05:15 PM
My 290rks Does have the same landing gear. http://www.venturemfgco.com/landing-gear-accessories.html is a link to the manufacturer's page for that crank handle. There is also a drawing if you have someone local make one. Hope this helps, Hank

rburckhart
03-10-2010, 05:54 AM
I think I came up with a thrifty answer: I bought some 1/2" schedule 40 pvc pipe and made my own. I made slots (to slip over the pins) about 1/2" deep using a 3/16" drill bit, then using a couple of 90 degree elbows, I made a crank handle - I think it will work fine in an emergency.
Dick