PDA

View Full Version : removed ushaped dinnette in 2590bh

slider
06-05-2012, 08:09 PM
We liked our dinnette originally but soon found out it wasn't comfortable or convenient, so I took it out and just used some folding chairs around the table.

This weekend I intended to add an armrest on the end of the couch (one side of dinnette used to serve this purpose), and then decided to attach a small dining bar.

Although small I like it. Very useable from couch and added 2 bar stools. Tight for 3 people but should work. Now looking for small recliners or something to put in the space.

Not for everyone but i think this will work well for us.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_39733_0_2893bb8c7ffc9e0356eb2decb13c9c33.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_39733_1_3c23f639582beb63621778515cdb023c.jpg

CampDestinations.com
06-05-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm curious - did you have to supplement the side of the sofa that the dinette used to be on? I was under the impression that it might rely on the dinette for support. We still like the dinette, but it's hard for adults to move around it. Kids are ok - but I think that as they grow we'll have a tougher time with it.

hankpage
06-06-2012, 07:55 AM
slider, Looks great and really opens up the room. Hank

:banghead: If it was set up like ours' ... watch your head on the ceiling light!!!

Jim & Kay
06-06-2012, 09:56 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!! I must say, a super nice job:hpyclp:

slider
06-08-2012, 04:30 PM
I think the dinnette added some support so for a while I just cut some 2x4s and put under the end of the couch and left it but I didn't like it without something to serve as an armrest.

I didn't take a pic but I also pulled the staples out of the fabric on the bottom/front of the couch on one side and replaced with Velcro so we could easily access the space under there.

slider
06-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Hanks post reminded me, I also swapped the original light over the table with the one over the bed, that thing was a headbanger.

f6bits
06-08-2012, 07:41 PM
I like the open space. What does your new dining setup look like with the table and folding chairs? We have two little ones, so the table currently works ok and we like the under-bench storage.

Under the couch, I made a plywood drawbridge-type door so it drops down for under-couch access where I have some storage tubs. The door is covered with the material that was stapled under the couch.