PDA

View Full Version : dometic 4 door temperature

kroencke
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
We have the Alpine 3600rl and can't seem to keep the temperature in the frig below 48. Has even climbed to 50. We are right now in outside temps of 47. We have put the temperature control at max 5 and still it doesn't seem to be cooling down. Everything is frozen in freezer but just concerned about temp of 50 degrees. Any suggestions?

DocData757
06-06-2012, 07:00 AM
My readout says between 35 and 38 all the time.

msp2jxr
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Have you noticed an ammonia smell inside the fridgerator. We had the same thing happen to our trailer. I noticed an ammonia smell before we left for camping and the freezer would freeze but the fridge barely got below 45 degrees. It is in the shop getting a new fridge. It had lost all its cooling on the fridge side of things. Our unit the freezer has its own cooling unit so it still cooled. You may have to to it to t the shop and have it checked out.

Paul_Sandra
08-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Took delivery of my 2012 26bhs last April and smelled ammonia from day one. As an RV novice, I assumed it had been well scrubbed with Mr. Clean. Anyway, 3 trips later fridge is caput (dometic) and going back to dealer tomorrow. Not happy, but the advice to pass along is that ammonia smell is bigtime red flag that fridge is leaking and close to death.

smiller
08-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Does your unit have the automatic temperature control feature? (If there is no way to set the temperature on the front panel then you have the automatic 'feature'.) This is notorious for working poorly and resulting in warm fridge temps. If you have the automatic control there will be a thermistor module attached to the rightmost cooling fin in the fridge. Try moving this from the cooling fin down to the top shelf and the fridge temp should drop into the 30's after several hours/overnight.