PDA

View Full Version : Freezer compartment question.

Mistral
06-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I was asking me this question... Where does the FREEZER ice goes when it melts ??
In the lower part its dripping in the plate then goes out but for the freezer ....Will it stay there and put a rag in to get all the water.

Sorry for my bad english (tx)

Terrydactile
06-03-2012, 01:00 PM
In my freezer it collects on the bottom and it gets soaked up by a towel.

jbsmith
06-03-2012, 01:05 PM
There should be a corrugated drain hose sticking out through the outside refrigerator vent. I would also throw a towel in just to help mop up the water.

SteveC7010
06-03-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't believe that most of the Dometic fridges have a drain on the freezer section. There is a collection tray in the refrigerator section that drains through the outside corrugated hose as just mentioned. It's always a good idea to open the outside panel and make sure that little hose is sticking out so that it will drip to the outdoors and not inside into the framing and such.

If you have a frost buildup in the freezer section, you'll have to use a towel to soak up the water as you defrost.

hankpage
06-03-2012, 02:11 PM
The freezer has no drain ... use a towel.

Also after a few years the corrugated drain tube for the fridge gets brittle and should be replaced before it leaks into the walls of the trailer. (Ask me how I know this) The black tubes seem to last longer than the white ones. I replaced mine with a heavy grade clear vinyl tube that should not get brittle.

Mistral
06-06-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't believe that most of the Dometic fridges have a drain on the freezer section. There is a collection tray in the refrigerator section that drains through the outside corrugated hose as just mentioned. It's always a good idea to open the outside panel and make sure that little hose is sticking out so that it will drip to the outdoors and not inside into the framing and such.

If you have a frost buildup in the freezer section, you'll have to use a towel to soak up the water as you defrost.

Thats what I tought ;) Thank you.
(tx)