PDA

View Full Version : First trip in the new camper..

EcoboostKev
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Well we are suppose to be leaving tomorrow for our first trip of the season. It's just for a few days but of course its suppose to rain most of the day tomorrow, be cloudy Sunday with showers later in the afternoon and showers Monday. This STINKS!!!! :( Should i just scrap this weekend and lose my deposit or go and try and make the best of it??

jsmith948
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Man, you gotta go! With that nice new rig and all of that room?
Camping in the rain and playing scrabble inside is always better than being home- IMHO:)

The DW says it's a good way to check for leaks

SAD
06-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Go!!!! You can not only test for leaks... You can test the "stuck-in-the-camper-loungability" of your new RV! In my opinion, that's the most important part of any floor plan.

Festus2
06-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Camping when it's raining? It's all part of the RV learning curve - at least where I live. I think I know what you are thinking..... why spend the weekend holed up in our RV when we can do the same thing at home? Negative thinking. Go. Enjoy some "IN" days in your new camper and who knows.... the rain will stop, the sun will make an appearance and the world will be good. The "IN" days will become "OUT" days.
Don't fret or spend a lot of time looking for leaks. There will be none. The weather forecast is wrong! Go. :)

rhagfo
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Man, you gotta go! With that nice new rig and all of that room?
Camping in the rain and playing scrabble inside is always better than being home- IMHO:)

The DW says it's a good way to check for leaks

Camping when it's raining? It's all part of the RV learning curve - at least where I live. I think I know what you are thinking..... why spend the weekend holed up in our RV when we can do the same thing at home? Negative thinking. Go. Enjoy some "IN" days in your new camper and who knows.... the rain will stop, the sun will make an appearance and the world will be good. The "IN" days will become "OUT" days.
Don't fret or spend a lot of time looking for leaks. There will be none. The weather forecast is wrong! Go. :)

^^^^ I Agree^^^^

Isn't that why you don't have a tent?

We don 't let weather stops, four season campers, have headed out over the coast range, knowing it was snowing at the higher elevations. We were not alone at the camp ground! Most had also come over the pass.

Jay D
06-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Go enjoy the new toy, learn everything about the inside. Bring plenty of books, games, and movies. Jay

fla-gypsy
06-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Go, the experience gained from camping in the rain will be invaluable

dan222
06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Go enjoy. You know the weather man are paid to be wrong.

KanTC
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Agreed... GO! Enjoy! It's part of the adventure! We love being outside in our lounge chairs, under
the awning during a rain shower - as long as it's not lightening, of course! :eek:

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot & DH Kevin :)

chris199
06-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Raining cats and dogs here in SE PA. Coleman rain gear works well. Lesson learned: bring spare sneaks when it's raining. Oooops! :scuba:

Supposed to be nice tomorrow....we will see.

GO! Given it is almost midnight....I hope u went!

DJ85
06-02-2012, 12:34 AM
It rained the first two times we took our other camper out 3 inches the first time and 4 inches the second time. The only thing sitting out of the water was the camper. THe girls had a ball playing in the water. Okay I did a little maybe. "bouncey: I wouldn't have changed a thing. There is not doubt about it anytime is a good time to go camping period. Go far it you may just have the time of your life. Living is what is all about!!!!!!

byrdr1
06-02-2012, 03:05 AM
It seems like it only rained when we camped the first two years we had a camper. I did not know what nice weather was. But I was glad I had a camper to be in.. Enjoy its part of the plan. The running joke at work is if I am camping you can expect bad weather. rain, high winds, hurricanes, tornado. If seems we have all these somewhere near us when we camp. But it could be the time of year too. :)

Jay D
06-02-2012, 04:45 AM
The 1st trip out when we bought our camper it rained the whole week. We let the kids go outside in bathing suits and play. They rode their bikes, they stood under the end of the awing where the rain water was running off. They had a blast. Now when ever it rains and where camping that's what they want to do.

EcoboostKev
06-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys!! We ended up going and i'm glad we did. Spending some quality time with the family is what it's all about! I'm just about to play a classic game of battle ship with my 7 yr old son right now! :) Thanks again! Kevin

dan222
06-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Hope the sun came out for you today. Here in NJ we have partly cloudy skies. We were to pickup our trailer this weekend but had to put it off till next week.

The family is very excited, it will be our first TT, can't wait.

Happy Camping!!!

gahanunda
06-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Glad you went and had a good time. Arainy day camping is better than a sunny day working!!

jsmith948
06-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Glad you decided to go!
Hope everything went well with that nice looking new rig"bouncey:

Zeb
06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Glad to hear you went! Last year evey camping trip we had big rain...and we were in a pop-up! Now I'm actually looking forward to a week-end rainy camping trip!

rhagfo
06-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear you went! Best choice you could have made! Hope you enjoyed the time with the family!

fishin technician
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I did a 1-nighter on my shakedown cruise last week. Going this weekend even though we're supposed get some rain. I go, you go!

CincyGus
06-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Take a few tools with you and some of the things you want to do to personalize your camper. I did the same thing on my first trip and when it rained, I hung toilet paper holders, towel racks, pictures, etc. Organized the cabnets and storage area's, put everythign just how we wanted it. Taka note pad and pen also so you can write down the idea's for things you need or what to change as your using it.

EcoboostKev
06-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Well the first trip went good. I had only one small problem when we got setup. I couldn't get the cable to work on our tv? I hooked up the kids tv in the back by there bunk beds and the cable was working fine. I then realized after we got home that i had to program the new tv so it would download all the channels. Now we are on our second weekend trip and it rained last night but is looking good today! Coming from a small hybrid camper before the new Outback i was always hesitant on camping for a weekend if i new it would rain due to the lack of space and having my two kids bouncing off the walls! I'm glad to say i don't have that problem anymore!! :D
Happy camping, Kevin
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_41556_0_74ae622db57a807d956759a4b4bc8234.jpg

Jay D
06-23-2012, 04:41 AM
looks nice :), what campground are u at? Thanks, Jay

rhagfo
06-23-2012, 06:50 AM
EcoboostKev,
DW and I are one a two trip on the Oregon Coast, first two days were nice, yesterday and today rain, even the dogs don't want to go out. Weather reporters calling it March like! Oh well we four season camp so it is movies, books and some TV.

EcoboostKev
06-23-2012, 04:03 PM
looks nice :), what campground are u at? Thanks, Jay This was taken at Aces High campground in East Lyme, Connecticut. Nice place!

327fls
06-24-2012, 03:24 AM
That is a nice place. We stayed there a few years ago.

Jay D
06-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Thank u, I (we)will have to check it out

Festus2
06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Well we are suppose to be leaving tomorrow for our first trip of the season. It's just for a few days but of course its suppose to rain most of the day tomorrow, be cloudy Sunday with showers later in the afternoon and showers Monday. This STINKS!!!! :( Should i just scrap this weekend and lose my deposit or go and try and make the best of it??

Kevin -
Your OP seems to have veered off course since you first wrote about your first outing and your dilemna about whether or not you should go or stay.

After numerous posts encouraging you to go, you left and have now returned after having completed your first trip in your new camper.

Since it has now wandered off topic, I can either close this thread or leave it open for further comments hoping that they will deal with your original question ...."Should I just scrap this weekend or lose my deposit or go and try to make the best of it?"

Let me know what you would like me to do.