PDA

View Full Version : What's between Macon, GA & New Orleans, LA

antiqfreq
02-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Ok, well we KNOW the Saints are in New Orleans, but how do I get there?
We are members of Passport America. I've never used it yet. But we want to
get to New Orleans within a week I'd say. Any recommendations on what to see or where to stay on the way? Haven't consulted my book yet, but thought I'd run it past the forum 'buddies' before making any firm plans.

I was laid off 1/22 and the DH will be laid off 2/12 - so we'll be sorta traveling AND looking for employment as well as a possible 'new' place to settle down.

This should be an interesting and hopefully exciting for both of us. We are looking forward to the adventure. I was born/raised in South Florida and so was my husband but we are ready to venture into the unknown to see what's out there..

Starting out with New Orleans and hopefully sometime during our 'quest' we'll find work and a new residence!

Thanks for any help,

Jo

Ruffus
02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey Jo
I just got back from Northern GA and it's really pretty up there in the Blue Ridge mountains and some good deals on property. As far as work goes you might check Workamper.com and see what's out there. There's also some of the volunteer sites with the state parks that offer campsites with full hook ups as well as a monthly stipen. Don't know what kind of work your looking for but also check out craigslist.org under employment for the areas that you are looking at. I hope this helps.
Jim B.