PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of purchasing a Keystone 5ver

travlinohio
05-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey all, Just introducing myself, I am steve from ohio, we are looking at purchasing a Keystone Cougar x-lite 28sgs from camping world in akron. Any thoughts? we currently have a forest river 30KQBSS.

thanks fo your thoughts!(tx)

f6bits
05-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Awesome setup. Is it a 2013? Someone tried ordering a triple slide, but due to a production issue, the triple slide isn’t currently available on whatever model that was.

So if you’re expecting a triple-slide, double check that they’re available.

And everybody is going to want to know what you’ll be towing it with.

hankpage
05-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Steve, Welcome to the family. Be sure to keep us informed on your purchase and the way CW of Akron treats their customers. :wlcm: Hank

travlinohio
05-30-2012, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=sdayman;38823]Awesome setup. Is it a 2013? Someone tried ordering a triple slide, but due to a production issue, the triple slide isn’t currently available on whatever model that was.

So if you’re expecting a triple-slide, double check that they’re available.

And everybody is going to want to know what you’ll be towing it with.[/QUOTE

Yes, it is a triple slide, it is on the lot, just working out the details. I will be towing with a 2010 F-150 4x4 with the 4.6, will this do?

KanTC
05-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forum Steve.

Unfortunately the 28SGS won't be a good match for your truck... it's simply too much trailer! :(
Just the combined weight of a 5th wheel hitch (150-200+/- lbs) and unloaded pin weight (1410 lbs)
will probably be over your truck's payload limits... and that's with an empty trailer!
Members have explained in detail on your other thread. http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6461

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)