PDA

View Full Version : 2011 sprinter bhs water leak

rode2nowhere
05-29-2012, 05:41 AM
Just wondered if any info on a water leak on bathroom door when the wind blows hard. It goes through the door somewhere and thru inside door to the power center. Only leaks in hard rain and wind blows., no damage yet it is always in the vinyl floor and i clean it up with a towel, any ideas???

jsmith948
05-29-2012, 06:02 AM
I think I would check the vent to make sure it is closing correctly - (my son found that the rubber gasket had pulled off of the knife edge on his bathroom vent) - you might also check the caulking around the skylite:)
Sorry, just re-read your post and realized you were referring to a leak in your outside door

hankpage
05-29-2012, 06:42 AM
I have noticed slight leaks around the glass on my outside door at times. I gently tightened the trim ring on the glass and have not seen it since. If it happens again I will remove and recaulk the glass. This could be where your water is coming from ..... try to use a hose to simulate heavy rain. Good luck and travel safely, Hank

rode2nowhere
05-29-2012, 09:32 AM
thanx i will check that, I need to get up and look next time good storm, other 2 times i was sleeping too hard and did not wake up,,,,,,,,hehe

therink
05-29-2012, 01:09 PM
I had a water leak on my main door glass. Only leaked during wind driven rain or when washing it with a hose. I removed the plastic outside trim on the window and noticed a few gaps in the factory bead of silicone around the glass. I recaulked with clear silicone and no leaks since.
Steve

rode2nowhere
05-30-2012, 02:30 AM
i will look this afternoon after work