PDA

View Full Version : Loredo 266RL Water Heater Controls

oldfrog
05-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Our new 2012 Loredo has dual AC/Gas controls From what I can see, the inside switch with a reset is for the gas & to use AC I have to go outside, open the heater compartment & operate the AC switch.
Am I missing something? When boondocking I want to save gas & only use the AC during generator hrs. This seems bassackwards to me.
Our old trailer had the AC sw. inside & we had to go OS to light the propane.
Thanks

Festus2
05-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Our HW set up appears to be the same as yours. From the inside, we can only turn the propane On or Off - there is no control for 110V. Like you, we have to go outside to activate the 110v. When boondocking, we don't use a generator to operate the A/C or HW and use only propane. Unless we are going to use hot water for showering or for washing dishes, we turn off the propane. The hot water in the tank stays reasonably "hot" for quite a long time. At night, we always turn off the propane as we see no sense in keeping the hot water in the tank "hot" while we are sleeping.
No, I don't think you are missing anything - unless you do have a separate interior switch for 110v HW tank.

hankpage
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
If you leave the outside switch in the on position, you can control it from the circuit breaker inside. Just be sure to turn the ac switch off before you drain the water heater. Propane is much more efficient than electric at making hot water and will probably use less fuel than your genny cranking out 1500 watts for 45min. to heat the water. JM2¢, Hank

SteveC7010
05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
We do the same as Festus and Hank; propane only when boondocking.

If you really want a switch inside the trailer for the 110vac heater element in the HW heater, you could always add one. The 110vac wiring in our trailers is pretty much identical to residential wiring so adding a switch should be fairly straight forward.