PDA

View Full Version : Tanks mislabeled on my Passport Grand Touring

agporter
05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't know how often this happens, but I found out the hard way today that our black and grey tanks are mislabeled. Before anyone gets too grossed out I figured it out when our shower flooded the bathroom this morning. Long story short; in my frustration and running out of things to eleminate, I finally pulled the black lever and whoosh..soapy water everywhere. :( We've only had our trailer for a two months so we are still learning. :eek:

f6bits
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
It happens often enough. It doesn’t hurt to give it a test early in one’s trip. However, the tank indicators are usually good enough in letting you know when to empty your tank(s).

Did you have the “grey” valve open while hooked up so you wouldn’t have to worry about dumping? If so, then your black tank will need a good fill of water to flush out any solids that didn’t get pushed out. I finally got around to buying the Camco version (http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39062-Flush-Holding-Rinser/dp/B000BUQOAE) of the Flush King (http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Flush-King/dp/B001FCE7KQ) so I could fill the black tank from the dump valve.

rjsurfer
05-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Very common problem......I'm thinking it gives the bored line workers at the Keystone factory something to brighten their day.

Ron W.

fireidiot
05-25-2012, 07:12 PM
My 29RBK has the same thing. Even during PDI, the kid taking us thru the trailer said, "No, it's correct." I told him I've never seen a 1.5 inch black tank dump. He called over someone else who told him he was incorrect.

The thing I'm not happy with Keystone about is the location of the main dump. It's before the tire......Under the middle of the slide. Since we do camp for days at a time, it's going to suck to crawl under the slide to release the blank tank. Not a cool design Keystone!!

esirons
10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
We have a Passport 2890RL and the black and grey water valves are mislabled also. I heard this happening as early as the 2010 models. You would think someone would have checked it out by now.

SAABDOCTOR
10-11-2012, 10:29 AM
holy poop tsunami batman:eek: my first twowere that way a 2001 tt and an 03 5er. when i got the new one i filled the black tank with water and food coloring then pulled. that one they got right! a little keystone humor! flarp!:D

Terrydactile
10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
The tank valves on our Passport were not labeled at all.

Philip Saran
10-11-2012, 06:45 PM
On my 2011 Springdale 26.6 RLSS the grey tank valve is on the left side
of the pipe and the black is on the right side, but not marked in any way.

You could always pull in the superslide when you need to dump, but yes
it is a pain to crawl under the slide to do it. I did it last weekend while
camping at the beach.

hankaye
10-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Philip Saran, Howdy;

Welcome to the 'Wonderful World of Keystone' .

Neither of the 2 front tanks were labled, the Galley
was but it was kind of obvious as to what it was,
what with the long run of pipe from the back end to
the attaching point in front of the wheels..... I'd made
mental notes as to the various plumbing runs in the basement
and what was 'above'. Easy-peasy.... Suprising how many
questions can be answered with simple observation and
and ounce or two of applied common sense.

hankaye

AlCorr
10-13-2012, 03:40 AM
I don't know how often this happens, but I found out the hard way today that our black and grey tanks are mislabeled. Before anyone gets too grossed out I figured it out when our shower flooded the bathroom this morning. Long story short; in my frustration and running out of things to eleminate, I finally pulled the black lever and whoosh..soapy water everywhere. :( We've only had our trailer for a two months so we are still learning. :eek:

:eek:You think that you had a problem dumping!:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4MVIHAngH4

mr.windows1
10-13-2012, 04:56 AM
My 2012 Montana are mislabeled, thanks to this site I knew ahead of time it was highly likely they were wrong, and they were:)

fla-gypsy
10-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Just remember this; the smaller 1.5" line is always gray water, the larger 3"+ line is black water. This is not uncommon

robo
10-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Our new 2 week old 2013 3220 is correctly labeled

Mac123
10-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I had that problem too. I just switched them back.:;)

thewhitehat
01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Nice to know I'm not the only one (or maybe not so nice). This happened on my 30fkv Cougar. I used one of those barker portable tanks twice on what I thought was the grey water tank. When I emptied it, my son told me "Whew! Dad you sure you pulled the right tank?". Finally figured it out. There is no way to tell by looking underneath my trailer, because I have it enclosed. :banghead: