PDA

View Full Version : Satellite TV in back bedroom

Mellybean
05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi,

I was wondering how to go about getting satellite tv in the back bedroom of our rv. We have it in the main living room but it seems that the cable jack in the back bedroom is just for the antenna. Any help would be great. Ideally I would like to get a copy of the wiring diagram so that I know which wire to cut/split.

Thanks,
Mellybean

2012 Springdale 373QBGL

Ts1
05-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I called keystone and they emailed me the audio/ video diagram for my fuzion. Helped me find the tees and connections without exploring.

azlee56
05-22-2012, 03:59 AM
were you able to get satellite tv back there then, and if so how?

azlee56
05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
A treat for me to be able to lay down and watch a show, normally after all is cleaned up and the shower is done. Just a pamper kind of thing for this girl.

BMcCutcheon
05-31-2012, 04:22 AM
There is a pretty good schematic on the Internet to rewire and bypass the built in amp. The only drawback I had was that Direct TV either requires a separate box for each TV (I have 3 installed in mine), Living room, Master Bedroom and Bunkhouse/Garage. You can either do that or every TV in your unit will be receiving the same channel from the main converter box. I opted to install 3 separate Direct TV boxes which worked out great.

Here is the link: http://www.modmyrv.com/2008/06/17/rv-satellite-receiver-cable-rewiring

old racer
06-01-2012, 05:07 PM
There is a pretty good schematic on the Internet to rewire and bypass the built in amp. The only drawback I had was that Direct TV either requires a separate box for each TV (I have 3 installed in mine), Living room, Master Bedroom and Bunkhouse/Garage. You can either do that or every TV in your unit will be receiving the same channel from the main converter box. I opted to install 3 separate Direct TV boxes which worked out great.

Here is the link: http://www.modmyrv.com/2008/06/17/rv-satellite-receiver-cable-rewiring

What is the cost to add a direct tv box for the rv?

SAD
06-01-2012, 05:12 PM
What is the cost to add a direct tv box for the rv?

If you already have directv account for the home, it's just 4.99 (or 5.99 - cant remember exactly) for an additional receiver for "the office" or "the extra bedroom".

jje1960
06-02-2012, 08:13 AM
We have a dedicated DirecTV box for the SRX, costs $6.00/month. We installed a used Dome last year, have rewired everything, now have TV in the Main, Garage and outside storage compartment, all running off the Satellite. Still have the off air antenna connected though, when we are out of the spot beam area and need to see ABC, CBS or NBC can do so.