PDA

View Full Version : Camping & Campgrounds in NW Washington

Clanton24v
05-20-2012, 06:53 PM
:wlcm:

Welcome from Portland, OR, Washington native here, 1st trip to the Sound, Canal, or coast? Washington so many choices and that is just the west side!

:)

Just to Belfair State Park. Gotta learn how to park the thing first!

Next after that one is to Ike Kinswa.

Just to Belfair State Park. Gotta learn how to park the thing first!

Next after that one is to Ike Kinswa.

Ike Kinswa is real nice we went there last year on our 3rd trip with the new trailer

Ike Kinswa is real nice we went there last year on our 3rd trip with the new trailer

Have not been there yet. Looks very nice. I have a 3 night trip planned there.

On a side note, my Great Grand Mothers Name was Cora. I think your wife is the only other person I have ever heard of with the name.

welcome also from Bremerton!I will be picking up my new Alpine 3700RE from clear Creek RV tomorrow!

Where abouts?

Up in port Townsend.

Wow, you guys are close.
Where do you folks like to camp.

Clanton24v
05-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Ft Flagler state park.
Ocean city state park
Manchester state park
Those are the ones we always go to atleast once a year and we go to several others around
Mostly state parks because it's a good bargain.

ls1mike
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Ft Flagler state park.
Ocean city state park
Manchester state park
Those are the ones we always go to atleast once a year and we go to several others around
Mostly state parks because it's a good bargain.

We like the state parks also, they just fill up awful quick!

NWTTrailer
05-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I saw that too! Was wondering where the post went.

I was wondering where you, NWTTailer, and Clatyon24V like to Camp.

Congrats on the new RV!

I had mentioned my first trip out with it will be to Belfair and then two weeks later out to IKE Kinswa.

We have really have enjoyed going to Cape Disappointment. We just got back for our second trip there last weekend. 5 Days camping with My parents at the state park. We are looking into going to Fort Stevens just across the river. So far we haven't made many trips with the Trailer. We just picked it up at the end of August last year.

ls1mike
05-22-2012, 01:28 PM
We took the 5th wheel down to Fort Stevens last year. I loved it! We won't make it down there this year. My furthest trip this year will be Pacific Beach.

We stay at the Government campground there. I am Ex-Submariner and work for the Navy now so I can use places Like Jim Creek and they just built a brand new camp ground at the base on Whidbey Island.

Clanton24v
05-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Fort Stevens is on our list this year we went last year too. We go next month

rhagfo
05-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Fort Stevens is on our list this year we went last year too. We go next month

Keep an eye open we will be there about the third week in June, then a week at Nehalem Bay down by Manzinita.

Clanton24v
05-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Dang I was off a little our trip is planned July 6th for ft Stevens

Jim&Kelly
05-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Hope ya'll have reservations at fort Stevens. Its almost impossible to get in without them. Also June 1st opens a new adventure park real close to fort Stevens next to fort clatsop. It features a zip-line!

ls1mike
05-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Hope ya'll have reservations at fort Stevens. Its almost impossible to get in without them. Also June 1st opens a new adventure park real close to fort Stevens next to fort clatsop. It features a zip-line!

That is awesome news! I am going to start planning for next year now!

rhagfo
05-22-2012, 07:35 PM

Have had for a couple of months, I was surprised that we got them that late! It is a bigger park with around 470 sites for RV's Some full hookup, some H2O and power only.

Fall, winter, and spring are much easier, lots of choices.

pedalsteelpicker
05-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I was just told about salt creek on the staits near Joyce by a friend.They only have a few site but looks beautiful and only around 20 a nite.I also go to Pac beach a lot at the govt compound and use the KM parks as well

Festus2
05-23-2012, 03:54 PM
We have stayed at Salt Creek Recreational area, near Joyce, on two occasions. This campground sits on a bluff overlooking Juan de Fuca Strait -- a great view! The park is well-maintained, has clean, coin-operated showers, rest rooms and an RV dump station. Fees are $25 per night for non-county residents. The park has 92 campsites -39 with water and electrical hookups. There is a playground for the small ones as well as hosreshoe pits, a basketball and volleyball court, and a softball field.
There is lots to do in the Recreational area and is about 15 miles west of Port Angeles. I'd recommend it to any member here.

pedalsteelpicker
05-23-2012, 04:15 PM
I looked at salt creek's site map wrong when I said they only had a few it appears they have plenty of RV sites!!

Festus2
05-23-2012, 04:26 PM
pedalsteelpicker -
Of the KM parks you have visited and stayed at, which would you: a) highly recommend, b) rate as "so-so", and c) probably not come back to again.
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

pedalsteelpicker
05-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Festus2,I really like Elma for the park itself.They have a new club house and plenty of large sites but not much in Elma excet for the race track (which is why I go there).Chinook down by Illwaco isnt too bad and you are only a few miles from the bridge to Astoria.Ocean mist is nice if you get a site across the bridge on the ocean side but the main part can get crowded.Diamond point near Sequim is nice but most sites are small (the longer sites are in back).I have yet to go to the rest but am wanting to make a trip to Randall down by Mt St Helens for sure!!

rhagfo
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I was just told about salt creek on the staits near Joyce by a friend.They only have a few site but looks beautiful and only around 20 a nite.I also go to Pac beach a lot at the govt compound and use the KM parks as well

I just looked at the County Web site, that looks like some place that would be nice to stay, it be worth the tow from Portland!
(tx)