PDA

View Full Version : vent fan

Mopar madman
05-21-2012, 05:42 AM
Anyone know if my Laredo 265 has 12 volts to the livingroom vent? If not how hard of a job would it be to fish some wires over. Maybe I should hire it out, too green to start tearing apart my brand new 5th! Any help is appreciated!

Harley76
05-21-2012, 06:04 AM
If your vent has a fan, just disconnect from shore power and turn on the fan, if it runs you have 12v power.
If you have an overhead light near the vent, running a line to it should be fairly easy.

hankpage
05-21-2012, 07:31 AM
If you remove the inside trim from the vent you will most likely find a few wires within arms reach. Test with a meter for + or - and be sure to use the correct size in-line fuse when you tap into the + wire. Removing the old roof caulking is the hardest part of the job. Good luck and be sure to let us know how the project goes, Hank

KanTC
05-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Jeff,

We also have a 265RL... the overhead vents in the living room & bedroom are not pre-wired.
As previously posted, you'll need to access 12v at a nearby overhead light. :yes:

Terri, the co-pilot :)

hankpage
05-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Just a note ...... Living-room ceiling lights are usually remotely switched and may not have power unless the wall switch is on.

Mopar madman
05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks for all the information! I will probably try it myself in a couple weeks, I will check back with the results. Thanks again!