PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie in Every Way

dndweeks
05-15-2012, 05:44 AM
My name is Debbie. My husband and I live in Illinois with our 2 little girls and 2 dogs. I have wanted an RV for several years and hubby is just now coming on board. The RV's that I have been most impressed with are all Keystone and I want to learn as much as I can while we save and work toward our purchase in the not too distant future.

I will warn you that I am likely going to have a lot of questions and hope the fact we are not currently RV owners doesn't prevent me from being part of the group.

(tx)

SAABDOCTOR
05-15-2012, 05:55 AM
HI And welcom to the group! please ask away lots of great folks here to help. i remember when my wife and i were looking for our firstone i think it took about 6 years to finnaly commit to one. it was a montana tt about 37 ft we loved it. we used to camp in tents on a motorcycle! this is soooooooooo much nicer. remember this is an adventure end enjoy. my doggies love the camper too. the little (ha) like to hang out on the bed and look out the big rear window! they are lazy and being malamutes they are not fond of heat so they like a/c what a lfe!!:wlcm:

DTJ9610
05-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Welcome to the forum. I was in the same boat as you 2 years ago. Kept putting it off until finally I agreed to take the plunge. We started out with a 17 ft hybrid (solid walls but fold out beds) pulling with a minivan. 7 months later I had my pickup and a new 35ft trailer. My only regret is that we wiated so long. The wife and 3 boys love it.

Good luck with the selection process (that's half the fun) and ask as many questions as you need. The members on this forum are great and full on knowledge.

Just don't get them going about their trucks :eek:

SAABDOCTOR
05-15-2012, 05:56 AM
oh dear lord TRUCK ENVY YIKES!"bouncey:

fla-gypsy
05-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Welcome and please do your homework to make RV ownership be as pleasant as it should be. Most common mistake is insufficient tow vehicle. We are here to help.

michael
05-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome, I hope you get one soon there alot of fun, I love my floor plan there is room for 4 grandbabys 2 on each couch, And another one if i would put the table down, I think my next one i would like a 5th wheel with the same layout just two to three feet more bedroom space and a bedroom slide would be awsome. no matter what you may choose theres always another that has somthing yours dosent, mine is 29ft but 34ft with the tounge hitch, Thoes extra hitch feet is waisted length, But lol the space i have in my pickup is awsome too :banghead: Im still liven the dream.:wlcm::thewave: