PDA

View Full Version : Slide leak in my 3685FL

Scarpo
05-14-2012, 09:28 AM
While camping this past weekend I noticed that the rug under one of the couches in the living room was wet. The slide out where this couch is located is really high so I couldn’t get to the top of it to see if there is anywhere that water could be leaking in. When I looked under the slide I found water between the surface material on the bottom and the wood floor. Any ideas where this could be leaking? The ceiling and wall area inside have always been dry so it's like it may be traveling inside the walls of the slide.

Englishman
05-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Is the slide pulled out by wire's? if it is the water could be coming back along the
wire and into the TT.

Scarpo
05-14-2012, 10:14 AM
No wires, there is gear drive under it.

fla-gypsy
05-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Have you done a thorough examination of the slide roof seams? Is the upper and side seals making good contact? On my Hornet the seal termination at the bottom of the slide sides is a little odd and I have had to push the lower pieces of the seal back into place (behind the side pieces) a couple of times to make them fit properly and form the correct seal. Get down and take a good look at how the bottom of the sidewall seal ends at the bottom to make sure it extends down past the floor level and see how they are designed. It could enter there.

sandy43
05-15-2012, 08:09 AM
I had the exact same problem with my previous 5vr. Found the problem and solved it.

Water was coming up from under the wheel well when driving in the rain. The tires were throwing water up against the bottom of the slide. Fixed it by running a long rubber strip along the frame (screwed it in to the bottom of I-frame) so water wouldn't hit the slide part that comes out. Poor explanation, but you get what I'm trying to say. Bingo, it was fixed and never had another problem.