PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 300mp Stereo Question

rnkburg
05-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Ok, picked up the new Raptor yesterday. Got it home and in the driveway playing with all the buttons. One thing I am trying to figure out is the stereo. When you play a dvd through the player in the main room, you have to use the speakers in the ceiling to listen. That is fine, but it goes into the garage also. I don't have the switch / knob in the garage that others have. I faded all the way to the front and that did take it away.

Now for the next question. The garage speakers JAM, where as the ones in the main room (4 of them) don't seem to put out that well. Are those speakers on the amp with the sub, or are they on the radio itself. I would like to even it out somehow.

Or is this the difference between the marine speakers in the garage and the normal sony speakers in the main room.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Me.Bikes.Dogs
05-13-2012, 07:00 PM
My 2010 doesn't have speakers in the garage. I played with the amp settings to improve the sound of my system. Even with that I still installed a Polk Audio Surround Bar with a Subwoofer. Dramatically improved the sound of the entertainment system. Always found it weird watching a movie with the sound coming from above. I also installed a Blue Ray DVD player and a satellite receiver which all go through the Polk Audio system. The radio still goes through the ceiling speakers.

Aksnap
05-17-2012, 07:40 PM
I've been trying to figure out where to put a sat receiver, would you tell me where you put yours?

Me.Bikes.Dogs
05-18-2012, 06:18 AM
I've been trying to figure out where to put a sat receiver, would you tell me where you put yours?

Much depends on the size of your receiver. Mine is 10 inches deep. I took the cupboard doors off the space above my TV. I then measured and cut a hole in the backing using a hole saw right between the studs. This gave me just enough room to set my DVD on the shelf and the satellite receiver on the DVD player. The DVD player is flush with the front of the shelf, the sat receiver has a two inch overhang but it is above my head and out of the way.

I ran the cables in the wall behind and out to the TV (haven't threaded the hard drive power cable yet as you can see in the photo).

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=908

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=909

Aksnap
05-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the info will give that a try.