PDA

View Full Version : Grill recommendations

m109rrider
01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Looking for a new gas grill. We're interested in a type that mounts to trailer and is fed directly from the LP tanks but not sold on the idea of drilling holes in my siding. Any recommended portable stand alones that actually do a decent job of cooking? Thanks for the help!

Festus2
01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
We just purchased a portable BBQ from Weber and are very pleased with it. Not sure what size you are looking for but I am sure that you would find one in the Weber line that might suit your needs. I was impressed with the construction and the quality. The "Q" line is quite good for the smaller, portable BBQ's. If you go to their website (www.weber.com) you can see their entire lineup. I believe Coleman makes a decent one as well.

hankpage
01-17-2010, 08:30 PM
We own a Coleman and it works ...... OK ..... but the quality of the Weber is far superior. If I had it to do over I would go for the few extra bucks and get the Weber. .. I don't think I would want to hang a grill on the side of my trailer either ... I have a 15' hose and can move it away if the wind is blowing the wrong way. JM$.02

K&Gs3400RL
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
We also have the Weber Q :D and I give it two thumbs up

bennydog
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I've had 3 trailers, a Jayco and an Aerolite both with the attached grill. When I purchased the Keystone I opted not to get the included grill but instead went the Weber route. A much better grill then either of the attached one. I carry a 5lbs propane tank to run the grill off of and love it. If you owned an attached on the warnings would tell you not to run it under the open awning so there is way more flexibility with one that is not attached. BTW both of my home grills are Weber, one gas and one charcoal.

ftwildernessguy
01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
I just picked up a Weber Q and a portable cart at Lowes. Haven't used it yet, but seems well constructed and well worth the price - got it on sale and with a gift card the cart and grill cost me 200bucks.

m109rrider
01-23-2010, 07:48 PM
I've been checking out the webers. Coleman also makes a nice portable that has a folding stand I'm considering. It gets good reviews on every website I find it on:
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2768269

I know it's not very big but there's only 4 or us.

SLIMSHADIE
01-24-2010, 05:59 AM
I have a coleman roadtrip griil. We like it. Only use it a few times though. Im going to try to hook it up to the rv's propane this spring, then we will use it more.It is kind of big and bulky put I like the accessories too. I have a bag for it and the griddle.

hoffbrew
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
I have the Coleman RoadTrip Classic Grill - Blue, and what a pain in the a** to clean... i do not recommend this grille, just due to the cleaning.

ftwildernessguy
01-31-2010, 12:21 PM
I have the Coleman RoadTrip Classic Grill - Blue, and what a pain in the a** to clean... i do not recommend this grille, just due to the cleaning.

I just let the grease build up - adds to the flavor.