PDA

View Full Version : I am new to this forum.

Jseverence
05-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi, everyone. Been camping for what seems forever, in tents, pop ups and travel trailers. Most recently in our recently new Outback (Aug. of 2011). We are new to Keystone, but so far so good. Just some minor leaks around the window seams, dealer has replaced the windows. Time will tell or the next rainfall.
Join to see what is going on with keystone trailers.

Just checking in, Jim

Festus2
05-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Hello Jim and thanks for checking in and joining the group. Hopefully, the window replacement will take care of those leaks and all will be well. Welcome.

Jseverence
05-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks Festus2, looking forward to camping this summer. I do mostly dry camping in our state park system in up state NY.

golfpro
05-06-2012, 09:14 PM
welcome, I don't think I would wait for the next rain, I would take a garden hose to it and see before I got back into the mountains and have a leak and ruin something.

SAD
05-07-2012, 02:27 AM
welcome, I don't think I would wait for the next rain, I would take a garden hose to it and see before I got back into the mountains and have a leak and ruin something.

Me too^

Leaks are serious in RVs. So much of the construction materials are highly susceptible to damage from water.

Jseverence
05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the comments, the dealer did the hose test while I was watching. This is round two with one window and the first replacement on the other. Also had him silicone seal each window on top as an extra precaution.

Jim

Herap
05-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forum :wave: and sorry to see you've had some issues, but who hasn't? Glad to see your dealer is working with you to correct your leak problem. As said before, water is usually the bane of RV's and any water issue must be corrected as soon as possible for the life of the RV. Good luck and good camping :thumbsup:.

Ray