PDA

View Full Version : new to me keystone

sparkync1
05-06-2012, 03:58 AM
hello to everyone just bought an 03 keystone cabana its my first camper havent camped in years hopefully my small family will enjoy it like i did when younger .....you guys are great here hope to post pics soon.....is a dodge dakota with the 318 v8 enough truck for this little camper ?

Englishman
05-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Welcome to the forum. I sure that you and family will have a great time camping. Enjoy the 2012 season.
You will need to provide more information on the tv and tt. Ie max weight of tt and specs for your truck.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

antiqfreq
05-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the forum,

Glad to have you with us.

Please feel free to visit here often and post often.

Looking forward to it -

Jo

:rofl:

hankpage
05-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Sparky, Most of the Cabana models were really light weight, but you should check the weight sticker. Add the shipping weight to the cargo capacity for your trailer weight. Check the sticker on the door of your Dakota for your trucks GCWR. Subtract the weight of your truck ready to go camping. (Passengers,fuel,gear and hitch) That is the Max. trailer you can tow. The 5.2L Dakota, especially with 3.93 rear is great pulling machine but they are known for rear suspension weakening over time. (I have owned a few) You are the one who has to determine what condition your truck is in and what margin of safety you are comfortable with. Good luck with your decision, Hank

johnnyrose
05-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Nice to meet you Sparky! Where are you located in NC? We are in the Sandhills area near Southern Pines. Glad to have you aboard. The Dakota should be able to pull no less than 5,000 lbs. You just need to figure out what the trailer weighs fully loaded. You can check your truck specs here: http://www.trailerlife.com/trailer-towing-guides/.

Welcome!