PDA

View Full Version : New Owner looking for help with Fresh Water Tank

turner46
05-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Hey everyone, Im a first time rv owner having just purchased the keystone 3700 RE. The Dealership winterized it for me. I drained the fresh water tank and filled it using a bleach water mixture also to sanitize it. My control panel on the fresh water tank is at full, everything else is at empty when I did this. I turned on the water pump and tried all the taps, they just spit out a little bit of water and then nothing. I could hear air coming and water moving when I tried the kitchen sink but no water would come out. Now it says my Gray Tank 1 is 2/3 full so Im guessing water is going there.

When I got the unit in the water panel by pass water heater and winterize were both set to on, Just now I turned by pass water hearter to off.

I called the dealership they thought the water heater was just taking time to fill up and keep trying, still nothing though. I called keystone they thought it was air in the lines and keep the tap running, still nothing.

So Im wondering if anyone has any idea what I am doing wrong as Im brand new to owning a rv, or if anyone who owns the alpine 3700 re has any advice or good sites/forums to view as my owners manual has been helpful but is also vague.

Thanks
First Time RV Owner

Halibutman214
05-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Just going on the info you have provided you have a bypass open somewhere. With the pump running try turning each by-pass, one at a time, and watch to see if water starts running out of the tap.

allentx1
05-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Just a long shot but has happened to me before... make sure ALL the low point drai ns are closed, tight. I am sure you would have notcied a puddle of water by now though. You could also take a look at the water pump, there is a screen on it that may have gunk in it or you could at least see if water is passing through it. Mine is behind the basement bulkhead.

turner46
05-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks guys, I will try it again tonight after work.

geo
05-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Be aware that the "On/Off" of the by-pass valves are usually not marked correctly. Sounds like your "Winterize" valve is "On".

Look through the Forum postings. We have beat the mis-marked valve topic to the ground!

Ron

turner46
05-05-2012, 05:45 PM
thanks, i do think my winterize valve is on, it is pouring rain out and may be for the next few days but next day its not I will give that a go.

turner46
05-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Be aware that the "On/Off" of the by-pass valves are usually not marked correctly. Sounds like your "Winterize" valve is "On".

Look through the Forum postings. We have beat the mis-marked valve topic to the ground!

Ron

Thanks Ron, thats what it was winterize valve was on. I turned it off and boom the water came out.

Thanks again everyone for your help, like I said above I'm green as green in terms of this so I'll be here often.