PDA

View Full Version : Yes, it’s “new.” Thanks for asking

f6bits
04-30-2012, 01:57 PM
For those paying attention, you may have noticed that I changed my TV in my signature. While on vacation, we picked up an expensive souvenir to attach to our trailer. With a tow rating close to double my last scaled trailer weight, I think I’m ok.

We did the 110 mile return drive and it was boring. Special thanks go out to the mystery guest who showed up at Campland the day after I test drove our truck and had the same trailer as us and the same truck we were looking at, minus Max Tow. I’m sure it was fate that they showed up at the same campground. How could we say no?

Got a great trade in price for the Grand Cherokee and good treatment from Mossy Ford in San Diego.

SAD
04-30-2012, 02:00 PM
It's always fun getting a new toy. Congrats!

librty02
04-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Congrats u will love the F-150 screw there is soooo much room inside and a very comfortable ride. Oh the love for new toys. Im looking for my new TT right now

johnnyrose
05-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Being a Ford man myself and hailing from the great state of Michigan, the birthplace of the greatest line of trucks on earth, I would like to say; "Welcome to Ford Country Brother!"

f6bits
05-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Thanks, fellas. Johnnyrose, I’ve been a Ford guy since birth (My Mom’s ’67 Mustang, which she still has). Then my Ranchero and two Rangers. Love Fords and really loved my Grand Cherokee, but I didn’t enjoy pulling my trailer with it. Glad to be back in a truck. I’ve missed ‘em.

The Sod Father
05-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Congrats on the new wheels! I see a big "Blue Oval" hug brewing. :-D

I gotta say, towing with an Expedition EL is pretty sweet. Lots more towing and people capacity that what I found from the "other guys". Now if only Mother Ford could give me an Expy with real tow mirrors and an Ecoboost I would be an even happier camper!

johnnyrose
05-01-2012, 08:19 AM
The Great Ford God in the sky is hearing you Sod! One day people will realize that you can, and people do pull trailers with these larger than life SUV type trucks. I don't think people realize that yet. One day though! Ford innovation...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Blue Oval Hug>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>