PDA

View Full Version : Propain detector

Fireman640
04-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Hi i have a 2010 Sprinter fls318 i noticed the safe-t-alert propane detector was not on the green light so i looked it was unhooked so i reached in there and found the 2 wires one is red/white other white the detector has a red wire then a black one so i asumme the red/white goes to the red and white to black has anyone had this issure?

The Sod Father
04-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi i have a 2010 Sprinter fls318 i noticed the safe-t-alert propane detector was not on the green light so i looked it was unhooked so i reached in there and found the 2 wires one is red/white other white the detector has a red wire then a black one so i asumme the red/white goes to the red and white to black has anyone had this issure?
No but it is a good thing you noticed and were able to fix the problem. When I did my PDI, I checked the smoke and CO detector but didn't check the propane.

Geoffwhite18
04-30-2012, 08:57 AM
I had the exact same problem they cut the wires to short and they eventually pulled out. My detector has a black and a red wire. The black wire is connected to the white wire in the trailer wiring, and the red wire is connected to a white wire with a red stripe. Hopefully that will help.

Fireman640
05-01-2012, 04:56 AM
I had the exact same problem they cut the wires to short and they eventually pulled out. My detector has a black and a red wire. The black wire is connected to the white wire in the trailer wiring, and the red wire is connected to a white wire with a red stripe. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks that is what i thought red/white = red wire and black goes to the white wire :)
but i had to get a new one the red light stays on all the time so now i see why it was maybe unhooked?