PDA

View Full Version : New Kid On The Block

lark
04-29-2012, 12:29 PM
We are new to this site and new to the Montana. We have been long term Carriage users but decided to try a Montana and see how we like the product. We purchased a 2006 model 3465RL and know nothing about how to operate it. Any suggestions? Don't suppose it is a great deal different than other RVs or is this not the case? Any "watch fors", etc. We pick it up this coming Thursday. Lary

Festus2
04-29-2012, 01:54 PM
If you have owned an RV and your Carriage for a number of years, "operating" a Montana should come easily for you. Other than perhaps a different floorplan, some different features and different locations for various controls, etc., you shouldn't have any problems making the transition from one to the other.
There are a number of Montana owners here who might chime in with some "watch fors" and other comments that might help you.
I assume you are doing a walk-through with your dealer and if you are not sure of something, ask. If there is an owner's manual that comes with it, don't rely on it for too much in the way of help. Keystone's manuals are all generic and offer little in the way of specifics.
Welcome to the forum BTW!

johnnyrose
04-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Lark, congrats and welcome to the site. I am new as well and don't have a lot to offer you on this subject but it looks like one heck of a fifth wheel! It looks like you are goingt to enjoy it! Good luck and welcome!

Herap
04-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the forum :wave: and congrats on your choice of 5vr. DW and I are new to 5th wheels having been in motorhomes for decades. We purchased ours this past January and we're still getting use to it. We looked for over a year for a brand to purchase and boy are we ever glad we chose the Montana. I recommend you also join the Montana owners forum at 'www.montanaowners.com/' to acquire 'more' answers to any questions you may have if you don't find the answer here. If you've any questions on it, PM me and I'll try to answer.

Ray