PDA

View Full Version : Galley indicator?????

Scarpo
04-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I bought my Montana 3685 FL used and am still finding new things, on the tank level / Battery level indicator near the sink there is a button for "Galley". When I press it the empty indicator lights up. What is this for? I understand the lights for Black, Grey, and Fresh water tank levels and the battery level but I don't know what the "Galley" light / button means. Is there a separate galley mystery tank? Also there is some type of release that sticks out below the camper on the side opposite the entry door just below where the water inlet is. It’s not the drain valve lever for the black / Grey tanks, those are in a compartment aft of the first slide.

skifreak76
04-29-2012, 12:05 PM
on my sprinter the galley tank is for the kitchen sink. it is a smaller tank. if you look where your dump valves are you should see 3 valves 1 is for black, 1 for gray, and 1 for galley. like i said mine is for just the kitchen sink.

Scarpo
04-29-2012, 01:00 PM
There are only two dump valves that I know of, one marked Grey and one marked Black that I can find. Could it be that the tank does not exist in my model but the indicator light is there anyway?

therink
04-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Look under the LR slide. My galley tank valve is toward the front of the slide in front of front axle. It should be a 1 1/2" pipe that T's into the main drain pipe.
Steve

johnnyrose
04-29-2012, 01:43 PM
It could be that you don't have a galley tank but the indicator light panel for those trailers are all the same and thus come with a galley test light on it whether you have a galley tank or not. I have a galley tank and the pull for the valve is behind the rear wheel on the same side as the rest of the valve pulls. It is just for the kitchen sink as was previously mentioned. Hope you find your hidden tank valve! It is nice to have that extra room for the kitchen waste.

Exsailor
04-29-2012, 03:00 PM
My galley pull is hidden behind the wheels, completely unmarked and easy to miss.

laidback
04-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I believe the valve you are talking about outside under the water hook-up is the valve for the galley tank. Maybe the plastic T-handle is broken off.

Scarpo
04-29-2012, 05:30 PM
The T handle under the water inlet is metal, not plastic like the others. I will give it a tug tomorrow to see if it does anything. Thanks for all the help guys

patagoniadave
01-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Scarpo, you ever figure out that Galley question?

JRTJH
01-29-2014, 06:44 PM
The last time Scarpo signed onto the forum was 11-21-2012. Chances are he's not going to see your post for a long, LONG time :p

patagoniadave
01-29-2014, 07:01 PM
The last time Scarpo signed onto the forum was 11-21-2012. Chances are he's not going to see your post for a long, LONG time :p

ah, should have checked that. Was just going through some old 3685fl posts, and was not paying attention to the dates.

Thank you for pointing that out :)