PDA

View Full Version : Two plumbing lines

Baldilox64
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi all, I'm a total newb to all this and followed some info I got here and elsewhere on the internet in regards to de winterizing the TT. I think I got it right for the most part. Last night while chaining a ladder to the frame, I noticed two white plastic water lines, I'm assuming, with removable caps on them.:confused: Checked all through the owners manual and found nothing. There is that pink stuff in there that I guess is the winterizing anti freeze, I can see it through the plastic. I'm just curious if I need to drain that and de contaminate/sanitize the fresh water tank and plumbing system all over again.:o Any help would be appreciated, the trailer is a 2007 295H Sprindale.
Thanks, Baldilox

ksfis43
04-26-2012, 09:46 AM
those are your low point drains, and if you have already de-winterized, you will need to do it again.
Remove those caps and drain and rinse your system again.

SLIMSHADIE
04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
You should have 3. 1 is the freshwater tank drain, usaully all by itself. the other 2 are usually side by side, they are your hot and cold water drain lines (low point drains). Yes you should drain them, they are part of your water lines. I usaually open up a faucet or two so it lets air into the lines to let the water drain. I open these up every time I drain the water out of the system, after I'm done camping especially if there is a couple of weeks or more between trips.

SLIMSHADIE
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Yep didnt cetch the last part, resanatize the lines. :(

Baldilox64
04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Or just fill the fresh water tank and mix the bleach solution, after sitting for awhile just let it run through the entire system?:(

christopherglenn
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Hook up shore water, open both of the caps (you will wear some of it) and blast whatever is in there out. Open and flush all remaining water valves, then sanitize again. make sure you get the bleach out those caps also. You said there was pink stuff still in there, that means that volume of water wasn't sanitized last time, and when you flushed the bleach out, you may have recontaminated the water lines past the fittings. Don't forget the outside shower....